Jgsantos19 is offline New Member

Overtraining?!?!

I've been working out for almost 4 months now, and I work out 5 to 6 times a week.

Monday: Chest, biceps, swimming
    Tuesday: Back, tris, swimming
    Wednesday: shoulders, lower body
    Thursday: Chest, biceps, swimming
    Friday: Back, tris, swimming
    Saturday: shoulders, lower body
    Sunday rest

I don't know if I've been overtraining, and swimming is my only cardio because I got tired of treadmill.

I'm 19 years old, 5'8, 160 lbs, 13.5% bf.

By the way I do abs 6 days a week also but I only do one ab workout a day.

Any kind of suggestions or comments would be great, because I haven't really seen the results I expected. Well actually I was 20% bf when I first started working out so I guess that was a good thing. But my goal is to get cut, not too big and bulky.

Thanx in advance

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That Split was okay for a beginner but you should move on to add more rest days for each bodypart now that you have progressed.

Day 1: Chest, Biceps, Triceps
    Day 2: Back, Traps, Delts
    Day 3: Cardio/Swimming, Abs
    Day4: Quads, Hams, Calves
    Day 5: Cardio/Swimming, Abs
    Day 6: REST AND EAT
    REPEAT

This split will hit each bodypart once every 6 days versus your previous once every 3. As your ability to handle heavier loads and intensity increases you need to allow more rest days for the muscle to recover. So hit it hard and full of intensity... then get out of the gym and eat.

You should seperating your cardio from resistance training... other than simple warm ups at your target heart rate before resistance training.

Sounds like you have had good results so far so keep it up. You should work hard to add a few slabs of muscle get up to 180 lbs (a better weight for you to be lean at - more muscle means faster metabolism). Allowing more recovery days will help you.

Jgsantos19 is offline New Member
    Thanx Warrior! well I didn't mention yesterday that I also want to lose my love handles do you think swimming twice a week will take care of it. I'm also on a strict diet so I don't really worry bout my food intake, it's just my cardio. I'm not sure if swimming would really help me get those love handles out and decrease my bf as well.

Thread Information