Pheedno is offline Respected Member

Give me your side delt excercises

Because mine are lacking and it really takes away from the definition my arms should have.
    I do not have access to cables, only freeweights.

My front delts are huge, and my rear are up to par as well, but for some reason, my sides just do not grow.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i murder them. i either do them sitting or standing with dumbells. i do the teacup at the top. and i hold them a little more in front then to the side just a little. i do one warm up with 15lb for 20 reps. then three killer sets. 25lb 6-8 reps
    20lb 6-8 reps
    15lb 6-8 reps
    5lb plates or dumbells till you puke
    i do this for 2-3 sets depending on how shot i am.
    hey my fronts suck so hook me up on the fronts. oh i do my rear delts on back day bc of the volume on delt day.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by H BOMB
    i murder them. i either do them sitting or standing with dumbells. i do the teacup at the top. and i hold them a little more in front then to the side just a little. i do one warm up with 15lb for 20 reps. then three killer sets. 25lb 6-8 reps
    20lb 6-8 reps
    15lb 6-8 reps
    5lb plates or dumbells till you puke
    i do this for 2-3 sets depending on how shot i am.
    hey my fronts suck so hook me up on the fronts. oh i do my rear delts on back day bc of the volume on delt day.

Your routine is about what I do to. The only thing is I have a rotary cuff problem that prevents me from going too heavy for a lot of reps. I still try for failure, but it's failure from the cuff, not the muscle. I usually do shoulders with another bodypart as well and I'm kind of spent by the end. I guess I'll just have to start dedicating a whole day just to shoulders and warp up a shit load more to prevent injury.

My front delts have always been big, one of my best body parts by far. But I start out with a light over-head press for warm up, then do 3 sets of behind the necks untill failure followed by 3 sets of arnold presses, and finish up dumbell presses untill I can't go anymore. My fronts always get a huge pump on chest day as well.
    I also do rear on back day, and they are just about to catch up with my fronts.

Thanks for the post H.B.

caladin is offline Junior Member
    ROTOR CUFF
    Cuban Rotation 3x10

SHOULDERS
    Dumbbell Presses 4x8
    Standing Dumbbell/ Cable Side Lateral Raises 4x10
    Side-Lying Dumbbell Rear Deltoid Raise 2x8

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Upright rows with a shoulder width grip 4 sets 10-12 reps
    Seated Dumbbell laterals 4 sets 10-12 reps

works wonder for me.... Just throw in some heavy presses and your all set...

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    hey pheedno, i forgot one thing. my delts have always been smaller per say. i tried this once or twice for a few weeks at a time and it worked pretty good. i would do my shrugs on another day. for me it was sat or sun. i would go in and do just shrugs. 30 min done. then on delt day the whole workout was deticated to my delts. it works for me. whenever i feel my delts are laggin i just do that routine for a couple of weeks. oh and i have seperated both shoulders bf and broke a collar bone so i always do rotator cuff ex as my warm ups on chest and delt days. it helps out alot.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by buff87
    Upright rows with a shoulder width grip 4 sets 10-12 reps
    Seated Dumbbell laterals 4 sets 10-12 reps

works wonder for me.... Just throw in some heavy presses and your all set...
    Ditto....since you already know what you are doing...i'd say throw the upright rows in, the key to stressing the side delts is the SHOULDER width grip on the bar, it is a TOTALLY different workout than when you do this with a narrow grip. And def..the side laterals gotta be thrown in...GET THOSE SIDE DELTS in shape Pheedno before you get on that stage bro!!

mekler is offline Associate Member
    hey major, if you moved your hands in closer would it be a trap exercise instead of a delt one?

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    The closer in you move your hands, yes, the more stress it places on your traps and outer delts.

Thread Information