Thread: Tendonitus

newguy2003 is offline New Member

Tendonitus

I just recently found out that I have tendonitus in my left wrist and wont be able to lift for about a month or two. so I dont know what I should do? Is there any way I can workout by not hurting my wrist, I've worked really hard to get to where I am and don't want to lose my strength. any helps greatly appreciated

sonic is offline Female Member
    I also have tendonitis in both wrists. If your pain is as excruciating as mine you shouldn't even think about doing any sort of curling exercises. Don't forget your other bodyparts, you can continue training them until your rehab is over. Just continue getting well and you'll be much happier when your workouts hurt for the right reason.

samoth is offline Member
    This is just FYI, from a friend of mine, NOT to take the place of a doctors opinion:
    My friend from the Army had a similar problem. He went to the clinic on his base, and the doc told him the only possible thing to do is to work through it. No pain meds, nothing. My friend took this advice (he is a very physically determined person) and simply worked through the pain. Eventually, he said it went away. After he got out of the Army, and joined a steel working plant, it started to act up again. Once again, he decided to work through it, and sure enough he stated that the pain dissapated almost completely.

I can relate to how you feel... I have Madylung's deformity (unable to supinate wrists) and have extreme pain doing anything underhand requiring a straight bar. However, I just work through it, or find alternative exercises.

Depending on how serious you are with your training (competitor or casual) you may want to seek a second or third opinion from some doctors in the field.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Just work out your right arm. That way you'll lose muscle a lot slower in your left arm while still giving it time to rest and heal. It's called Reciprical Innervation

newguy2003 is offline New Member
    but then i'd have one arm considerably bigger then the other and i dont want that.

thanks for the post guys

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I have tendonitus in my knees and when it flares up I either skip legs or just go pretty light. Get some anti-infammatories, they seem to help me a little. Also ice 'em down after your workouts.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    either way your arms will be imbalanced. Just which do you think is better? Having a injured arm relatively the same and one stronger arm than. Or having a weak injured arem and a normal uninjured arm.

if you have ever broken your arm and gotten a cast i think you would go with the reciprical innervation. When you take off the cast it's weird. you lose a considerable amount of muscle mass, you arm looks like a toothpick.

Thread Information