tryingtogain is offline Member

when i workout i dont get sore anymore is that bad am i not gaining anymore?

when i workout i dont get sore anymore is that bad am i not gaining anymore? so will i not get anymore mucle whats up?

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Judging how your workout goes by how sore you are the next day isn't the best way to judge it. Think about intesity...think about the weight you pushed. Are you keeping a journal to look back on? You may want to consider changing routines? There are many suggestions for this but don't always judge your workout by how sore you are.

Aragorn

Yung Wun is offline Member
    are you pushing heavier weights or you pushing the same amount
    everytime???

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Your workouts gotta be extremely intense, 1 1/2 hours at absolute most per workout but i'd aim for about 1 hour, then u can try switching exercises around in your routine, try new exercises, try slow reps, try different training techniques like maybe german volume training or HIT, every 2-3 months just take off an entire week and don't train the entire week, u can try varying the # of reps or sets, change your split

Just a few ideas, not getting sore is not always the best indicator of whether u had a good workout or not. But to me its a sign that my workout is not intense enough or if i have been goin at the weights real hard for the last couple months then i take a week off.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    1 and a half hours for a workout? wow... mine only last between 30-45 mins and i'm almost dead at the end of each of them. lol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Agree with all the braddah's comments. You're adjusting. When you plateau and stop gaining (bodyweight and increased resistance load) then it is time to relook your training split.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by mekler
    1 and a half hours for a workout? wow... mine only last between 30-45 mins and i'm almost dead at the end of each of them. lol
    Actually to tell you the truth most of my workouts are in the 45 minute range, there are a couple that run in the hour range and if i really want to hurt the next day i might go around 75 minutes. I really only ever get to 90 min if its a big muscle group like back day and i really want to hit it with a high volume of sets and like 3min of rest between sets, usually i only do this when i'm bulking. I really prefer not to go over 60 min, i have found i get more out of doing less in the gym in terms of time.

Thread Information