tatty is offline Member

Rotator cuff warmup or exercise?

I tried searching for it in this forum but can't seem to find any exercises on warming up the rotator cuff and preventing injury.

I've read some of you talk about it, but need to see a picture or at least know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

chinups Guest
    Arm rolls. Do it front and back...Simple as that..

tatty is offline Member
    Originally posted by chinups
    Arm rolls. Do it front and back...Simple as that..
    Ah, that's it? Been doing those already! Thought there was some obscure new exercise...

Thanks!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    You can use the theraband to warm up as well as strengthen.

Tie it around a bar about belly button high. Stand so that the band is goin across your body to get to the bar. Put your arm by your side in an L shape (kinda like your doin hammer curls). Then move your wrist (while holding the band) towards the opposite oblique, and then back out again - basically looks like a swinging door motion. (Some gyms have the rotator cuff machine which does this motion).

Turn around and do the same motion, but this time you will be pulling the band towards you, and no away from you.

Stand facing where the rope is tied to the bar. Keep the same L shape in your arm. This time bring it up so that your humerous (bicep / tricep part of the arm) is parallel to the ground. This one you just go back to front with it - probably won't be able to go back much, maybe just behind ear level.

There's a few more that I know of with the band. I'll post them later if you're interested.

tatty is offline Member
    thanks key. Yes please keep adding to the thread...the more the merrier...no need for injury in the shoulders!

I'll try out that L routine today too.

Thread Information