xplicit is offline Member

How long you think it would take to lose your gains??

This question has nothing to do with steroids .

How long do you think you have to go without working out before you start to notice your losing size or definition. Im sure there are a lot of factors that weigh in, but I would figure it has to take a while, if you keep the same diet, still stay active and work a laborous job but dont go to the gym as often i cant see losing anything. Any thoughs on this.

newguy2003 is offline New Member
    since i fond out that i have tendonitus in my wrist 3 weeks ago i haven't lifted my upper body since and have noticed my arms to have gotten smaller my chest and shoulders however haven't changed i think...

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i was out of the gym for almost three weeks
    but maintained clean diet and kept active when i could
    my size was still there and when i came back people say i looked like i gotten bigger. i didnt notice nothing, but anyways i went back to the weights and couldnt lift as much as i left off. so only thing i really took notice was my strenght that i had lost

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    As long as your diet stays clean it takes usually 6 weeks to lose muscle

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I've heard where people go like 1/2 to 3/4 year with relatively no training and still maintained about 75% of their muscle. Once u put your time into building a strong foundation, it is pretty hard to lose that deep down base muscle.

xplicit is offline Member
    Yea i would figure since its so hard to gain it has to be equally hard to lose your gains (At least i like to think that lol)

Also if you do go an extended amount of time w/o working out im sure youll lose some strenght and size but do you think that youll gain your stenght and size back in a shorter time compared to say if you hadnt made any gains?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    What you lose, normally you can grow back pretty quickly, do to muscle memory.

Thread Information