pyro is offline New Member

WTF love handles??!

I have always had a lean stomach with ab cut
    I have gained 15lbs working out and I have slacked off
    on the ab workout, I will get back to business on that this week

But my girlfriend noticed that I am getting LOVE HANDLES??
    holy shit! what the hell can I do to make them go away??

-George

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    yea i started to get some love handles post cycle myself. my dad makes fun of me for it, hes like your getting fat, cause i always make fun of him for being too skrawny.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Diet and cardio

pyro is offline New Member
    What kind of cardio?

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by pyro
    What kind of cardio?
    Take your pick. It doesn't matter which kind you do, as long as you keep at your target heart rate for about 20-30 mins or more. Jogging works best for me.

Remember to try to choose a consistant cardio excercise, running is ideal because you can pace yourself. Basketball isn't as efficent if your gonna be stopping and going. Just an example, but you'll probably get the gist.

2timer is offline Senior Member
    I would put in clen with your clomid thearpy. I read all over the internet that this combination is the best after cycle! you wont gain fat and keep the muscle too!

alwayshungry is offline New Member
    HIIT...it is quick, very effective, and will not eat your muscle gains like jogging/long cardio sessions will

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Actually sprints for short duration burst are the best for burning fat and sparing muscle.

MDMA is offline Banned
    Rickson - aggreed.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Actually sprints for short duration burst are the best for burning fat and sparing muscle.
    This basically says the opposite of what I said. Could you explain why that is? I'm not saying your wrong, because its likely that your correct, but I would like to know the reasoning behind that.

I have always read that cardio for fat burning should be done so that your at your target heart rate with cardiovascular excercises. This also worked for me to loose 70 lbs of fat a few years back. Is the keyword, "muscle sparing"?

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Well I have kind of a middle ground explanation.

When you do prolonged cardio in the "fat-burning" zone of heart rate, you are burning a greater percentage of your cals as fat cals. But the aggregate amount of cals you burn is not that great.

When you pick up the intensity, you do burn a higher proportion of your cals from glycogen BUT the aggregate amount of cals you burn is alot higher. SO even though your burning alot of glycogen, your also burning alot fo total cals, which in turn means your burning more total fat cals as well.

NOw I used to run @ about 85%-90% of my max HR for a good 30-40 minutes befoe my knees gave out on me, and I lost 40lbs of fat within 3 months, and my diet was pretty shitty. Its obvious why that would work for fat loss. Im not quite sure how sprints fit into thiis. On a per "minute" basis you do burn more cals on high intensity than low intensity, but you would have to be doing a lot of sprinting I would assume.

When you do your cardio, its always best to do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Whether you run, jog, swim, jump rope, bike, etc., doing it first thing in the morning is by far the most effective for maxium fat loss. Why? When you do your cardio you obviously burn calories. Let's say you wake up, eat breakfast, eat lunch later, and then you do your cardio. All you will be doing durning that cadio is burning the calories of carbs of the food you just ate. When you do it in the morning you have not ate for the past 8hrs. or so. So when your body sees that there are no carbs to burn it will utilize your stored fat as energy. Good luck.

ikann is offline New Member
    How about yohimburn? I have heard that it works on the love handles

calidude is offline Senior Member
    There is no such thing as target fat loss. When you do cardio or take supplemts/AAS you are burning fat off your whole body.

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    As far as cardio and oral drugs goes your right.

But Transdermal Yohimbine has proven for some people to aid in spot reduction.

GH also burns propotionately more fat in the areas its shot than the rest of the body.

So can you spot reduce? Yes, just not using convetional diet and exercise.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Hey Pyro....The bro's are right. You cannot spot reduce fat. With the exception of GH. GH will only work at very high dosages (10-12 iu's per poke ED) for at least 3 months.
    A combination of diet and cardio is how to do it. First, the best way to trim fat and lean out is a clean high protein diet. Eat 6 meals a day and that will naturally increase your metaboloism and burn fat. A combination of cardio that is at least 30 minutes at your targeted heart rate 2-3X's per week. A program of high intensity sprints. Running 40 yard wind sprints with 30 second recovery time 2x's per week. This is guaranteed to lean you out.

Thread Information