xplicit is offline Member

Need help triming and tighten belly

Im 5 10 175, I don't work out abs but i have a low calorie clean diet and i work out, work a laborous job and i walk about an hour a day. So i dont understand why my belly is still soft and not flat. I'll admit i am lazy when it coems to working out abs and that expalins why its soft but why aint it flat? I dont eat a lot and i burn a lot of calories i should have a somewhat flat stomach. Can it be cause i was chubby when i was younger? Its the only area of my body where there is still some fat. I know you cant target fat areas either so i think im screwed and ill never have a flat stomach. Any suggestions, I know everyon will tell me to do abs i will but i dont think that will help with elimateing the fat and flating out my belly. Any advice is much appreciated thanks.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    DO ABS!! If you can add weights to your ab workout get those motherfuckers built up. I hate to be the say, but umm if you were real fat and you have loose skin as a result then you might never get that stomach you want. If the weighted abs don't help flatten out your stomach it's not reason not to do them, do them anyway.

Its kinda soft i wasnt huge i was always chubby, but i was also chubby in the belly area, I didnt have fat flabby arms or a big ass and legs. The belly was the area where i was fat and not if i wear a shirt i dont look fat i look like i have a lean stomach but it is soft and you can grab a chunk of it lol.

Im just gonna do abs everynight. Even if its only for 15 minutes as long as its a quality 15 minutes and its every night then i should see some results. Im judging my stomach on little to no ab training, I can honestly say I never did abs on a consistent basis, but I do have a good diet and stay active so i dont know why my stomach isnt as flat as it should be and why i can still grab it, so i was worryed it might be because i use to be chubby. Either wya its time for me to work abs out all the time then take it from there

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by xplicit
    Im just gonna do abs everynight.
    Would you do Biceps every night?

I agree that you should work on building some size in your abs and try and shake up some deep fat stores... but everynight? Train them like other muscle groups and train them hard - but give them time to recover. I have seen some pheonaminal results doing Iso Kinetic Ab work, like lifting your legs up on a Leg Raise and just holding them for a count.

Keep the reps heavy and remember that they tend to recover faster so you can pheasibly work them every 2-3 days depending on the intensity of the workout.

But work your abs strong like anyother muscle group, and in the same respect give them time to recover and grow.

LOL I was ready for this response, I actually hit each muscle 2 weeks (biceps dec7 then dec21) to give it ample time to repair its self. The thing with abs is i think i need to do them everynight to stay in a good habit of doing them. Also I dont spend as much time on them as other muscles so i fiugre it cant be too bad to do every night (I meant during the week so 5 mights).

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    doing them everynite defeats the purpose of what you are trying to accomplish. When i do abs i hurt for a good 3 days after.. I do them twice a week or whenever the hurts gone, which is like 3 days. I go heavy then light for a good 50 burnout reps

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    i know what u are talking about with the stomach, if u lose weight it will get smaller an smaller, but if u are already thin an u dont want to lose any more weight yet u still have alot of flab, i would suggest bulking up right now, once u have gained a decent amount of muscle, start losing weight an doing lots of cardio, that way u wont look like a scarecrow an u will no longer have that flabby stomach

Thread Information