Thread: Chest

dam225 is offline Associate Member

Chest

Alright everyone, I need a little help with my chest. I feel my chest is definitely my weakest body part and over the past couple of months I have seen good gains in everything but my chest. I try to mix things up week to week but I would have to say my schedule usually looks like:

sun: Calves/Abs/Cardio
    m: Chest
    t: Back/Abs
    w: Arms/Forearms
    th: Legs/Calves/Abs
    f: Shoulders/Traps
    sat: Off or Cardio/Abs

I am a fan of higher volume workouts but I try to get in an out in 1:15 at the most.

I think my shoulders are beginning to overpower my chest.... whenever I work my chest, I really also feel it in my shoulders, and my shoulders are almost as strong…

One thing that I think I may be doing wrong with chest is that I am keeping the reps too low (ego thing I guess). All the other body parts I use higher reps....

Any one have any suggestions on how to blast my chest into new growth? Twice a week? Up reps? Drop sets? Supersets? Less volume? Any suggestion appreciated.

D

Steak Helmet is offline Associate Member
    How long have you been doing the current routine you are on? I know everyone does flat bench when they walk into the gym, but if you ahve been doing that for months, your chest is burnt out. Try doing incline first, or switch it over to DB's for a few months. I found that my chest responded great to the new exercises and I was motivated to do chest again.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    do you do any dumbell exercises for the chest? i'd hit up the incline/decline db presses and see what that does for ya

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    I incorporate both dumbells and barbells and switch the order (incline vs. flat) regularly....

D

Thread Information