Thread: Elbow Injury

sabitu is offline New Member

Question Elbow Injury

I was working my chest yesterday and everything was going good until I tried to do my 3rd set on the bench press. My right elbow area just started hurting out of nowhere when I tried to lift the bar. So I cut my workout short, but later on that night I leaned my body weight on my right arm and my elbow screamed with some serious pain. Now I am not able to push any weight with my right arm, but I can pull weight, like on the lat pulldown or something like that. It even hurts when I flex my arm. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could have done to my elbow? I sucks because I don't want to take many days off because I am currently on a cycle and I am getting some good gains.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Ouch...I'm sure some bros can give you better advice than me, but you probably strained it. When my elbow is sore for tennis, I alternate hot/cold for an hour or so when I'm watching TV or something like that at the end of the day, and that helps healing it.

Thanks for the advice. I took a day off and it is feeling a little better already. I might try to lift some light weight today and see how that goes.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Bro..it sounds like you strained a tendon or ligament. Strut99gt says hot and cold compresses and he is right. Additionally you need to rest the arm. one day is not enough, for the kind of pain you are describing. Injusies to the elbow area are generally connected to the bicep muscle. Be very careful, if you pop a bicep muscle as a reslut of a strained lig or tendon in the elbow area, you are looking at some serious down time. Rest the arm for a week. Work legs and do cardio. One week is not going to cause an atrohy in your upper body, it might even ne good for you you, since most arm related injuries are a result of over training. After the week off, go very slowing on your reps with that arms. For example, dumbbell bench, cable pulldowns, etc go very slowly on the negative. Be careful doing curls, go slow and lighter than usual at first. Do this for about of months worth of training to help recondition that arm.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I concur with Rich's comments also. If you try to work out your arm when it is "feeling better," you'll only make it worse. Make sure it's healed first, then get back into it steadily. If not a month, then a good solid week or two of lighter training.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    With injury it's ice the first 24 hours and heat afterwards. Alternating does work. Give it some rest and see what happens.

I'll take everyones advice and rest that arm for a week or two to make sure I don't cause myself further injury. My left lat and left pec seem to be a little smaller than my right side, so I could always work those while waiting for my elbow to heal. Thanks for the help guys.

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member
    Hi rich888 I did exactly what you just described. My tricep is doing better but I am still rehabbing my bicep!

doopyyaya is offline New Member

Question

I just recently started having problems with my elbow also. I started feeling it on my bench day but it went away. I did shoulders the next day and felt the same thing but it didnt hurt enough to stop my workout, in fact i had a pretty good shoulder day. The next day i did arms, i did triceps first and it felt ok until i did skull crushers and then it really started to hurt so i cut it short and did biceps, which was a bad idea, because it only made it worse. Now i read the other messages where it says to rest but im three weeks in to my first cycle and i want to get the most out of it. Im going to rest but i also read that it has something to do with your forearms, and i admit I have weak forearms. So if i take a few days off and work my forearms will that help me?

Thread Information