Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Fatloss - Weights then cardio?

Whatsup guys.
    I went to a nutricionist and got my diet in check. SHe gave me two diets.
    Diet 1 is if I weight train, which is 1g protein per pound or more at around 2500 cals and the other one is around same amount of cals yet no weight training just cardio, and less protein.

I have enough muscle. Im fine with my muscle right now. All I want to do is cut up. Forgetting all that post workout nutrition crap (i took it to the extreme and ballooned in weight) and exact science, can I weight train on the cardio diet then do cardio for 20 mins and not lose muscle, and will this tone me?
    I can bare 3 protein meals. But not during school.

WHat do you guys think of my plan. Workout, then 20 mins of cardio.
    Or just cardio by itself. WHich is more effective? Will weights provide me extra muscle or simply help retain it?

little daddy is offline New Member
    if your workout is intense enough 20 minutes has worked timt after time for me but some people require longer .you will have to experiment to see what works for you!!!!!!weights then cardio because it suckssssss!!!!!!!

nuke is offline Member
    Cardio Cardio Cardio and cut carbs ....That is truly the only solution...
    Do you cardio in the am on an empty stomach.

TO really lose the bf do 30 in the am and 30 in the pm at least 4x a WEEK.

Jgsantos19 is offline New Member
    My brother had the same problem but now he is all cut up. This is what he did. First he cut down his carbs and almost even it out with protein. Let's say you eat one plate a meal, half of the plate will be veggies (greens) then a little more than 1/4 of the plate is protein then a little less than 1/4 of your plate is your carbs. He ate like this every lunch and dinner. For breakfast he ate oatmeal, 4 egg whites with wheat bread, or peanut butter sandwich. He also ate fruits in between meals, and protein drink after workouts. I'm not sure about doing cardio in the am's on an empty stomach especially right when you wake up, because when I asked my personal trainer about that he told me that you lose muscle this way, and I also saw it on one of the fitness magazine. But anyway about the diet I wrote above, my brother was on it for 3 months and after that he went from 14% bf to 9% bf. Oh yeah also, he started doing 5 sets of 12 instead of 3 sets of 10 while he was on that diet.

Hope this helps!

Check out my diet.
    1 bowl raisin bran with 2%milk (or 1%)

1 apple

Peanut butter sandwich on wholewheat

run 30 mins
    dinner - protein and veggies (olve oil)

tuna/chicken with mayo and reliish

Its a runners diet. What do you think

bump

bump

manny is offline Junior Member
    if you really want to cut, you shouldn't eat anything before your cardio. Almost everyone I talked to on the board says do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach if you want to melt the fat away, take some xenadrine or hydroxycut to help you burn the fat without compromising muscle. but think about the way you have it, if you do cardio after your cereal and apple, all you're going to burn off are the cals and carbs you put in your body already, you'll be running just to get rid of food not fat. hope this helps

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    did the nutritionist come up with that diet for you?

you're gonna strip a heck of a lot of muscle mass on that

don't eat fruits by themselves (its gonna elevate your blood sugar level too much too fast)

your not spreading your protein intake evenly enough throughout the day

it all comes down to absorption and assimulation NOT the total amt you cram in a single day...i can eat 200g protein in a meal....but how much amino acides are actaully gonna get assimulated to create protein structure instead of being turned into glucose?

if your benchmark is 1g per bodypound a day......those last two meal are way too concentrated

i know quite a few triathalon athletes and marathon runners they don't really eat like this at all

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro I have clean up my diet, do weight first then cardio for at least a half hour. That's anything from walking to elipitical to stairs. I try to do cardio 3-5 days a week, and weights 4-5 days ew. Diet is sooooooo important. high protien and a lot of small meals has really helped. I try to eat 8 times ed, at 250-400 cals a meal. I was 23.4% bf in August, I'm around 11-12% now.
    Good luck bro

Thread Information