monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

important question

i get a hugeeeee pump in my forearms when doing bicep and back workouts, the burn gets so bad that sometimes i have to limit my sets to six reps. is there anything that i can do to make it less stressful on my lower arms? i heard straps might help- is that true?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Straps? YES! You have to use straps for a big back. I am a firm believer in this. Let me explain...

Look at your forearms, now look at your back. Which is a larger muscle group? Do you seriously want to limit your back development to your forearm strength? No. Use straps to focus the load on your back and work out your forearms on their own day - but don't neglect them.

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, go with straps. You don't want your forearms to be the weak link when training back.

Don't use them all the time, only when your forearms start to wear out. That will keep your forearm development at pace with your back.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    thanks alot guys, i guess ill be picking up some straps before i hit the gym tomorrow!

thegame01 is offline Member
    just make sure to use them only for the heavy (power) exercises so you dont get spoiled and lose some grip strenght .

I only use them if they affect my sets ( not going to failure due to my forearm failing first)
    GZ

Thread Information