td32 is offline Junior Member

pre workout cardio

I read somewhere thta it is beneficial to do cardio priot to weight training. I have been doing this for a month or so and i enjoy it...if i were to do some heavy lifting, i probably wouldnt feel like doing cardio afterwards. Does anybody know if this is counterproductive to do cardio first?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    There is nothing wrong with doing some cardio prior to your workout but it will not provide the fat burning capasity like doing cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomach or right after you have completed your weight training. This is do to the reduction of muscle glycogen and a reduced about of stored carbs. So that your body if basically forced to use fat as energy.

The pre workout cardio is a great idea to increase the bodies core temp and prepare it for a rigerous workout. This will also help prevent injuries.

td32 is offline Junior Member
    I appreciate the info

thegame01 is offline Member
    I dont like intense cardio before working out because your workout will lack some intensity.

As tough as it is i like cardio first thing in the morning .it burns fat more effectively and it's done and out of the way sao you can enjoy the rest of the day lol.

GZ

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would say it would be ok.....if I feel tight or a little slow when I get to the gym I'll do some stationary bike for 10 minutes or so to warm up a little.

babi is offline Associate Member
    i do it prework out too, the reason..i hate cardio and i get done things that i dont like first

Thread Information