Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

smoking and training

WHo here smokes? If so how much? Can you keep up with training?
    Any tips to maximize performance?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    1 tip....Stop.

I never smoked but I did drank a lot and I have cut it down to like a couple times a year (from twice a week or more). Its all a case of priorities.

thegame01 is offline Member
    I use to smoke and let me tell ya what a diference .
    It's been about 1.5 yrs now and i dont miss it one bit .
    You can and will quit when your ready .

I decided i had enough and was going to dedicate myself totally to BB and i did .My energy levels are up ,headaches are gone ,my cardio is ten times better.i am stronger etc etc

Good luck
    GZ

Steele is offline Member
    i currently smoke one cigarette a day after a couple hits from a bong. no more no less. my new years resolution is to quit the smoking but as for the weed...

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    The longer i am away form cigs the easier it is to stay away.

The smell alone does it for me. There is just nothing at all good about cigs, the reason you relax after one is because you just got your fix

Im not down on you about this at all. Wait until you are ready to quit.

wait until its a great idea not just a passing thought. its hard as hell but you can do it when your ready.

Ive been cig free 3 years now and i was a smoker for 12 years

Muerte is offline New Member
    I was a smoker for 14 years and I just quit about 4 months ago....man what a great feeling to breath.....I started waking up with my lungs all clogged up coughing up shit for about 15 min every morning and that told me I had to stop.....well I got a chest cold about 4 months ago and I haven’t picked a cig up since....very hard to just say I’m going to quit today.....The guys who have and done it I give them much credit

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I to used to smoke and there really is a difference to be felt......your endurance is better, your performance improves greatly. I read a study one time that said that tobacco use actually slows your reaction time down by fractions of a second.....they did a study on baseball playes that used tobacco. Trust me, when you decide to quit you'll feel a big difference in just a few days. Good luck to you.......it isn't easy!

Eddyflash is offline Junior Member
    I was just wondering if smoking could ACTUALLY slow your gains.. like for instance stop the muscle from growing etc.

Thanks,
    Ed

Nico is offline Associate Member
    I smoke a little over a pack a day. I feel as if smoking doesnt even phase me when it comes to my workouts. I feel good when i do cardio and I believ I recover well.
    But I also believe that if I were to quick(trying to), that my workouts would have to be better and that I would recover better also.

Being a non smoker, I never could recocile how one can be a BB and a smoker... to me i makes about as much sense as a vegan eating steak...

I wonder if Arnold smoked those huge Cubans when he was still hard core?

Red

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Right now I smoke occasionally especially when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed. NEVER right after training, and when I go out I can go ballistic and smoke a half pack a night.
    Nico, how long have you been smoking>? Have you been smoking all the way through to attaining that body of yours? Now I know that wouldnt be the only reason not to quit, but it seems I aint ready to right now.
    What do you guys suggest as real motivation?

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    smoking/nicotin slows your recovery rate 20-30%, so don't do it the faster you recover the better gains you can make!!!!!!!
    peace dude

Thread Information