SuperMac_G4 is offline New Member

Abtronic "shocking workout"

Im just wondering if anyone here has ever tried out one or thoose belts that contract your abs with small electric shocks?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    those things are horseshit. don't waste your money or your time thinking about buying one. it's basically just a stem machine that gives out a constant electric shock.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    you cant build muscle with those belts. You have to work still

but alot of people fell for it. Try searching for something like abtronic or how ever its spelled. the messages i remember explain the science behind the "you cant gain" argument.

calidude is offline Senior Member

Talking THE GYM "SHOCKING WORKOUT"

You guys ever heard of a thing called hard work?? I heard if you do it dramatic results will occur... Let me know what you think

No flame to you Super Mac half the shit you see now adays on tv is huge piles of shit!! especially the ones that you see late at night

ahhh no flame taken at all calidude, i knew that the prodct wouldnt replace the hard work i do put fourth, i was just wondering if it would compliment what i was already doing, thats all, i mean at no time did i think it could build muscle
    but as far as toning goes?? and how effictive it would be, lol and i guess if there ee was anyone here with personal experiance, there not going to fess p now:lol

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Bruce Lee swore by that thing. And you could see how cut up he was. I don't know if it was true though??

People will swear by whatever product they are paid to swear by

Of course those shock machines do have their place... they were developped for comatose patients to prevent the muscle tissue from wasting away... and they work relatively well for that.

But there is a heck of a difference between the treatment of comatose patients and looking like Arnold

Red

lol Ihear ya there Red!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I straped one around my Bicep once for a gag and this chick snuck up behind me and turned it all the way up! - I nearly punched myself in the face... OVER AND OVER LMAO - they are fun at parties if anything...

BTW - there are studies that some of this stuff does work or at least improves recovery... but personally I don't f' with them.

Also you'll notice that the muscle stimulating machines used in coma-wards and by physio-therapists (worth tens of thousands of dollars) are of a slightly different quality level than the $29.99 wallymart special electroshock machines.

I guess it's like everything else... when used properly it has it's place... but IMHO bodybuilding doesn't qualify as "proper use".

Red

Thread Information