qwad65 is offline New Member

please tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok iam 18 years old 5'11" 175lbs and my work out program is...
    mon-legs,cardio(bike)
    tues-chest,abs
    wed-back,cardio(run)
    turs-shoulders,abs
    fri-arms
    please tel me what you think and my diet is i try to eat arown 175-190 grams a day and a protine shake after workouts and before bed.thankx for al the help

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    your legs are going to be pretty dead. I dont know if you would want to do it after your workout. I do my cardio first for a warm up then go into my workout and how many grams is in your protein i do a protein shake when I wake up and a protein and <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> mixture before and after my workout and one more before I go to bed good luck
    Last edited by wrstlr69sdnl; 12-29-2002 at 01:16 AM.

thats it no one has anything else to say about my workout program?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What is it you want to accomplish? How long have you been on this routine? Is it working for you? How about filling out your profile so we know more about you...

i have been on this program for like almost a year i like it and it seems to be working.i want to gain some weight and stay somwat lean i think what i realy need help on is my diet,also i will fill out my profile right noe sorry about that guys!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    If you have been going working out with the same program your body id use to it you have to change your work out or your body gets use to it and you stop growing thats what happend to me.....wrstlr69sdnl

yellows2k is offline Member
    It looks as though you are overtraining and not giving your body enough rest time. But if it has been working for you, by all means don't stop. here is my routine:

Day 1:Chest/Bis/Neck
    Day 2: Legs/Abs
    Day 3:Off
    Day 4:Shoulders/Tris
    Day 5:Back/Traps/Abs/Rear Delts
    Day 6:Off
    Day 7: Off or repeat

I do cardio whenever I feel like it, it's not a necessity to lose fat. It's your diet. I do 8-10 sets for chest and back. 12-14 for legs. 6-8 for shoulders. 5-6 for bis and tris. 3 for neck, traps, rear delts. 4-6 sets for abs each time.

not to disagree bu what makes you think iam over traning?becase i work out 5 strait days .i take off on sat/sun. i dont no but i dont realy feel like iam over traning ,like i have energy and i still like going to the gym and stuff so do you guys think i should change it up a little for somthing new or what>,thankx

I follow a low volume training style and any set over the minimal amount needed for growth hinders the growth of the muscle. for instance in your workout you work shoulders, then u work arms the next workout. your triceps get worked twice in a row and in addition, your shoulders and triceps get hit hard when u do chest. but if you constantly see improvements, then why change something that works>?

i see what your saying i can deff fell my tris fell a little sore after i do back or even sholders mabye i should take a exstra day off during the week.i will look and mabye adjust my work out.thanx for your help.one more thing can you tell me a little about the way you work out and what gains you have gotten by it.thankx

I have been only lifting for a year and a half and I have followed low volume training for about 4 months now. When I started my low volume training I could only squat 185 for 4-5 reps. Now I can get 225 for 4-5 reps. My bench has gone down from 225 for 6 reps to 225 for 3 reps, but the thing is I went from 170lbs at 20%BF to 158 at 15%BF. It's really hard to indicate my "gains" because I have been on a cutting cycle for those months, but to retain muscle you gotta lift heavy in my opinion. My friend follows this routine too and at about this time his bench was 225 for 5-6 reps, now he can get 315 up. So theres no hurt in trying, you have to find what works for YOU.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    looks good to me , if it is working for you??
    mine routine is almost the same
    m-chest/cardio
    t-back/abs
    w-shoulders/cardio
    r-legs/abs
    f-arms/cardio
    sat- off or cardio
    sun-off or cardio
    my cardio is simply just walking for 30min @3.5mph @ a 3% incline
    usually when i do legs i like to give myself the weekend to rest up, and 3 hrs before bed i do not induce any carbs, i like to take liquid amino
    good luck bro on training
    abstrack@protonmail.com

cool thankx guys one more thing what are some good ab exersizes that realy work good?

I just go on that decline bench thing then do 2 sets of alternating curls like right elbow touching left knee. Then I do leg lifts for 2 sets then regular crunchs for 2 sets. I do them with weights and train them like any other body part, low rep and heavy as possible. Mind you, doing squats and deadlifts hit your midsection good too.

Thread Information