Thread: Running forums

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Running forums

I want to start running. I wont lose muscle because ive tried and I havent , even with my protein intake down. My muscle is natural and I want to start running and id like some opinions that are unbiased towards protein and bodybuilding ideals. Can anyone suggest me one.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    i think running might be alright assuming that your cal intake is not severely low. I used to run and never really notices any muscle loss either, but when i learned that it was possible i stopped running. I do like running because of the physical endurance that you get from it, but i also feel that a light job is just as good.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    How long did your run for man? I mean not the session itself, I mean overall.
    ALso, what was your diet like.
    Basically im trying to get into running but i dont want to with the bodybuidlding ideals that they preach here cuz that just doesnt fit in with running because theres no muscle to repair. My muscle is natural and ive tried it with a low protein diet and i dont lose muscle. But im trying to get seriously into it now and im wondering many things about it.
    This applies to anyone that runs
    What kind of diet where you on while you ran?
    Do you know of any forums or websites with info?
    How long are your runs?
    WHat are your post workout snacks?

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    About 2 yrs total, i would run 3 times a week only about 3-4 miles her run. My goal at the time was to lose weight and i did surely lose some weight. After i lost the desired amount of weight i uped my carbs and kept running just because i liked to run.

My diet was high protein medium carbs and low fat. <--this diet was in my weigh loss stage, my after diet was about the same only i added more carbs. A year or so after i started running i added the weights and made some ok muscle gains while still losing fat. Once i started to see the muscle i was like' "FUCK RUNNING im hitting the weights hard". And the rest is history

I was ignorant back in the day about post workout nutrition so i did not really have a post workout meal because i always ran at nite then i would go to bed.

Thread Information