Thread: Yoga Anybody?

NAS
    NAS is offline Junior Member

Yoga Anybody?

Hey, I was just wondering has any of you bros tried YOGA?

I've heard its meant to be v good and beneficial, and was thinking of trying it out!

xplicit is offline Member
    So am I, I heard its great for breathing better and being more flexible, two things that i think would help my work out routine and also help me at work. I heard its a good stress reliver. I just feel like a half a man going into a yoga class with all women, in my gym all the guys staring at me in some pretzel position cant make me feel too masculian lol. I do want to try it and would like to hear from anyone who does or done it.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Actually I have often talked about lugging my big ass in there to try it. If anything to keep me flexable and improved recovery. But haven't yet...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Try it.....what could it hurt. I would try it but it's not offered anywhere here in town.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    wanted to try it but havent had the opportunity

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The only benefit that I can see yoga offers aside from being a good injury rehabilitation exercise routine is that you are in a room full of flexible women who have no quams about contorting themselves into funky positions. And I bet you thought that women took yoga to achieve inner balance, lol.

platinum is offline Associate Member

yoga

Well, I actually work with a bunch of guys who do yoga. They also run, bike, etc. So, we don't exactly see eye-to-eye as far as what looks good....anyway....

It's actually very tough if you let it be. Give it a try. It should be done in a very warm room is what they tell me is the norm.

Platinum

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Like many of the bro's on our board, I lift heavy and train hard. Well...I tried Yoga 4 weeks ago for the first time. It was a power Yoga class. It kicked my ass. I have taken the same class now (only once per week) for the next 3 weeks. I gotta tell you, I feel better overall, more flexible and my injuries are less inflammed (shoulder, elbow, back). I am sold on it and will try to work another class into my schedule during the week.

Rich it can be productive by doing it once a week or you need to do more and how long is it?

more than once per week is better, classes are 1 -1.5 hrs

I am now into my 5th week of doing Yoga at least once per week. I have more overall flexibility, my joints are not as sore, my injuries from weight training, ie, shoulder, elbow, lower back...are all healing faster and feel much better and inflammation is down.
    For all the bro's that are into intense weight training..(like most of us on the AR board) I highly recommend finding a Yoga class in your hood and work at least one class in per week.

I got to try it out. Is it easy to get into, like is the stuff they want u to do hard to do?

Thread Information