Strut99GT is offline Member

Bruising and heavy weight...what's the deal?

It seems like every time I use really high weight on something, I end up with a bruise or two. Yesterday, I was doing standing calf raises, and was using the whole weight stack (which is really not all *that* much)...when I got home, there were bruises on both sides of my traps where I was supporting the weight. And when I do tricep dumbell raises, sometimes the dumbell leaves a bruise on my right shoulder, which I rest the dumbell on in the process of hoisting it up. Thoughts? Do I just bruise easily or what? Does this happen to any of you all? And no, I'm not slamming the weight down by any means, I'm talking about merely having the weight there is causing the bruising.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    it happens bro such is life

I'm not too worried, I just want to make sure that it's normal for this to happen, and that I'm not some sort of freak

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Everytime I do standing calf raises I get bruises and when I squat my shoulders get huge purple bruises on 'em. Hell the first time I came home with my shirt off after squatting my wife thought I was cheating on her. She thought they were hickies or whatever. Took a little while to convince her other wise. But Big Al is right......it's all part of the game!

Thanks guys

Big "D" Daddy is offline Junior Member
    I used to get those from the standing calf machine at my gym, but the vinyl had tears in it so it looked like scratches. I would come home and my girl would get so pissed saying "who the f@#$ have you been screwing" She thought some chick I was pounding was digging into my shoulders.

durbin22 is offline Member
    I get them every week. That's the price you pay for lifting.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You should see my hands

skid is offline Banned
    yep, one evening after a leg day my bf noticed scratches on my shoulders where the calf and hack machine pads had dug into my skin ... I'm always bumping into things and getting bruises, but this was the first time on my shoulders ... he had a hard time believing me too, so if it comes up again, I'll show him this thread

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i get bruises on my traps from doing squats, even if i use the pad. also, when i do deadlifts, my shins get severly bruised.

-- clocky baby

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by clockworks
    i get bruises on my traps from doing squats, even if i use the pad. also, when i do deadlifts, my shins get severly bruised.

-- clocky baby
    I hear that - I bust veins in my traps quite frequently doing heavy leg lifts.

And the Deadlifts thing too - a real shin scrapper...

One time I was watching the discovery channel and there was a really old karate guru that there was a documentary on. Among other things, he scraped a metal bar along his shins daily (one of many things he did to remain tough) and his shins were so tough that if he were hit in them with a metal bar he would be unfazed. On a side-note, he also punched a barrel full of gravel for a couple hours everyday, and his hands had these massive lumps on his knuckles that were basically callouses. He said, "I can knock a man unconscious with 25% force." I love that quote

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Strut99GT
    One time I was watching the discovery channel and there was a really old karate guru that there was a documentary on. Among other things, he scraped a metal bar along his shins daily (one of many things he did to remain tough) and his shins were so tough that if he were hit in them with a metal bar he would be unfazed. On a side-note, he also punched a barrel full of gravel for a couple hours everyday, and his hands had these massive lumps on his knuckles that were basically callouses. He said, "I can knock a man unconscious with 25% force." I love that quote

I like to think of myself as tough but to do some of that stuff.....oh HELL no!!!!

dtdionne is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, my gf just noticed a bruise on my left glute kinda high and twords the spine not where i usually inject. I havent injected anything in 2.5 months and i have thought about it and cant figure out where i might have gotten it. Its a little painful to the touch. She noticed it about 3 days ago and it hasnt gotten any better. Could it have been from doing squats?

Thread Information