chamkila is offline Junior Member

not getting bigger...

hey bros, ive been working out hardcore for the last 8 months... eating is on target but I can't seem to break the 200lbs barrier, im 6'2" about 18% bf, everytime i eat more than I should i end up getting a gut, im eating properly too, its starting to piss me off... should I just go ahead and do a dbol /test cycle for 8 weeks... im finding im getting good muscle size but no mass.. anyone?

yellows2k is offline Member
    No offense but 18%BF is kinda fat don't you think? I'm about 15-16 and I can hardly see my abs. WHy don't you cut to like 8-10%BF then start bulking. You will gain fat while bulking so if you were at 8%BF then bulked to 12-13% then cut, you would always have good definition. It's alot harder to look good and be strong than just being strong.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Depends on what your goal is.
    If your looking to see some abs etc then I would suggest dieting, and doing cardio 4 -5 times a week. Then after u cut down on your b/f you could think about hitting a d-bol test cycle. If you go ahead and do it now chances are your b/f is going to go up even more.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Its up to you of course. I am at around 15%BF and i can't stand it, just makes me look fat. And of course when u bulk up, your BF will go up even higher, and at 18 that is already about as high as u ever want it, so if u keep bulking, its likely that if u do keep bulking u will hit 20%BF and trust me u don't want that. Take 2 months to just cut, try to lose 1-1.5lbs a week and bring your BF to a decent level. During that time, take more time to research nutrition and workout, no matter how much u know, when it comes to plateaus u have to consider everything and try it.

durbin22 is offline Member
    I would cut down your bodyfat to 10% before bulking. Like saboudian said by continuing to bulk you will hit 20% or more. Your profile says your 209lbs? Hit cardio 5 days a week for 45 minutes and clean up your diet then worry about hitting 200lbs.

MDMA is offline Banned
    I dont agree with these peeps. I dont think bf% matters if you want to bulk or not. Depends on your goals.

For example, I DO want to be at 8% bf, however I just started a bulking cycle and Im around 15% bf right now. Why would I do this? becuase my goal is 8% by summer, not the end of winter. All depends on your goals man.

ALso, change your routine a bit. Different exercises, different weights, negatives, exploding reps.. etc etc. Switch it up, keep shocking those muscles.

chamkila is offline Junior Member
    ok guys sounds good , thanks for the advice, i have one other question, should i do my cardio right after my workout's or is it better to go with first thing in the morning, i mean i dont wanna loose all the size that i have now, so would it be better first thing in the morning or right after a good 1 hour weight training session???

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Originally posted by chamkila
    ok guys sounds good , thanks for the advice, i have one other question, should i do my cardio right after my workout's or is it better to go with first thing in the morning, i mean i dont wanna loose all the size that i have now, so would it be better first thing in the morning or right after a good 1 hour weight training session???
    Best time to do cardio is in the morning on an empty stomach.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by MBaraso

Best time to do cardio is in the morning on an empty stomach.
    I agree thats when i do me cardio but i hate getting up early

Thread Information