Garay002 is offline New Member

Post Teenager with a question...

Hi, I'm 16 years old, I am 6'0 and weigh 228 pounds. I want to lose a significant amount of fat, and I'm going to try to keep most of my muscle. I'm kinda in a hurry, I want to feel good about myself by June (I'm also looking to play football for my school, I think the try-outs start in early June). But the problem is, I don't know much about fitness, or diet. So I need your help. I mainly want to lose fat from my lower body, since that's the most noticeable area. Can anybody here give me a workout schedule and/or a diet? I can't get into any gym's since there aren't any around here, but there is a park with nice big hills, I can use those for my cardio workouts. So if anybody can help, please post here

P.S. I really really want to lose weight, I may be able to post my before picture here, then post my progress as time passes

Fearless is offline New Member
    Your kinda young, Work out get a trainer learn the basics. If your here to get advice on steroids anavar and T3, or clenbuterol and ECA will do the trick. but most importantly you must also do alot of cardio and eat right.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Fearless
    Your kinda young, Work out get a trainer learn the basics. If your here to get advice on steroids anavar and T3, or clenbuterol and ECA will do the trick. but most importantly you must also do alot of cardio and eat right.
    Don't tell a 16 year old kid to mess around with that stuff - Anavar ... Clenbuterol - T3? Holy shit!

He wants to learn... if I had a 16 year old kid, and someone sold him fucking Anavar or T3 - I would shove a pin right his ass and pull out his neck.

Just my .02
    Last edited by Warrior; 01-14-2003 at 01:15 AM.

Re: Teenager with a question...

Originally posted by Garay002
    Hi, I'm 16 years old, I am 6'0 and weigh 228 pounds. I want to lose a significant amount of fat, and I'm going to try to keep most of my muscle. I'm kinda in a hurry, I want to feel good about myself by June (I'm also looking to play football for my school, I think the try-outs start in early June). But the problem is, I don't know much about fitness, or diet. So I need your help. I mainly want to lose fat from my lower body, since that's the most noticeable area. Can anybody here give me a workout schedule and/or a diet? I can't get into any gym's since there aren't any around here, but there is a park with nice big hills, I can use those for my cardio workouts. So if anybody can help, please post here

P.S. I really really want to lose weight, I may be able to post my before picture here, then post my progress as time passes
    No such thing regarding target fat loss - you have to lose total bodyfat. How it is positioned is a gift from your parents.

Your question is very broad - so I suggest you search the forums and find some bodybuilding and fitness books to educate yourself and get a good foundation of knowledge.

You have no gyms? You could start by running in the mornings before breakfast - but you need some resistance training to keep up lean weight for a faster metabolism. Some how you are going to have to figure out some weighted push ups, pull ups, squats. You need resistance training. You have NOOO gym around you? Or is it that you do not have a membership - yet?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Re: Teenager with a question...

Originally posted by Warrior

No such thing regarding target fat loss - you have to lose total bodyfat. How it is positioned is a gift from your parents.

Your question is very broad - so I suggest you search the forums and find some bodybuilding and fitness books to educate yourself and get a good foundation of knowledge.

You have no gyms? You could start by running in the mornings before breakfast - but you need some resistance training to keep up lean weight for a faster metabolism. Some how you are going to have to figure out some weighted push ups, pull ups, squats. You need resistance training. You have NOOO gym around you? Or is it that you do not have a membership - yet?
    Have to agree did a lot of research on this and it is in your DNA makeup where your body loses and stores fat first. I second warriors advice..

Pain

mammoth is offline Member
    With the goals that you have set for yourself you better bust your ass hard! I weighed 346 lbs. 5 months ago and now I am down to 295. Nothing but hard fooking work got me to where I am now, and I am no where near my goals. AT 6'0" and 228lbs. don't expect to come out looking like Brad Pitt by June. More important than losing weight will be the educational aspect of it all. Like Warrior said, you need to educate yourself! Get some books. Ask other people. You will find that there is commonality amongst what people say. If you are going to play football then I would suggest you concentrate more on improving your stamina first. Start off with Cardio every morning and go from there. Find a routine that will fit your budget and time constraints, but absolutely do not skimp on anything. Like I said before, you need to bust your ass!

Good luck in your quest, and remember the old saying: If you do what you always did you will always get what you got!

Garay002 is offline New Member
    Thanks for all the replies guys .And No, there's no gym around here. There is one, but it's like 10 miles away. I have a bench and weights in my house, but my damn room is so small I can't really do bench presses without the bar hitting the wall . I guess I'll go around these boards and see what I can learn . Thanks for all your help

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Gym's 10 miles away.......won't your parents drive you? Try telling them you are interested in sports and need to start preparing yourself. Hell my mom drove me to the gym everyday until I finally got my license and could drive myself, of course she's a bigger sports nut than I am.LOL Warrior has more or less said it all. Good luck and stick around here and keep learning.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    Originally posted by Warrior

Don't tell a 16 year old kid to mess around with that stuff - Anavar ... Clenbuterol - T3? Holy shit!

He wants to learn... if I had a 16 year old kid, and someone sold him fucking Anavar or T3 - I would shove a pin right his ass and pull out his neck.

Just my .02
    took the words right outta my mouth

if your serious about dropping weight two things must me in top shape
    diet and Training
    diet being the most important
    do some reading on the boards
    post any questions
    perform cardio right before breakfast or after workout
    if you have the basics equipment wise thats ok
    you can still reach your goal
    good luck brotha

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    deit training maybe do another sport before football like track curcit traning will work good buy most of all diet and cardio

Talking

Originally posted by Garay002
    Thanks for all the replies guys .And No, there's no gym around here. There is one, but it's like 10 miles away.
    Do you have a bicycle? If not there is your first investment in your health...

So the gym is 10 miles away, great! Thats an asset! There goes a big part of your cardio training. Biking 10 miles to and 10 miles back is 110% compatible with your goals (and it sure is a lot better than spending hours on a crappy stationary bike in a stuffy gym).

Bike to the gym, work out HARD, bike back home. If you can't hack biking to the gym, ask yourself... how badly do you want this new bod? How dedicated are you to it? Are you ready to make the sacrifices needed?

Remember my favorite saying: TANSTAAFL..... "There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch".

Red

Right on Red Ketchup - than he can talk to his little muscle hedz when he is a father someday and give them the I-Had-To-Bike-10-Miles-To-Get-My-Pump-On Speech lol

But in all seriousness - that is a good way to start. Once you get there you can have a glucose drink (commonly referred to in the human world as a Gatorade type drink) with added glutamine ready to take so you can replensh your glygogen stores and prepare to hit some iron. Once you get home - feed yourself, bigtime. Doing this will mean output is outweighing input - so diet is less of a science. Shit, 10 miles on bike, riding at about 120-130 BPM (16-220/60-70%), a nice and easy pace to target fat vs muscular glycogen should burn about 500 calories in a 228lb, 16 year old metabolism. Not positive... 500 there, 500 back, 500 weight training... add to your current BMR and you will safely burn about 4500-5000 calories on workout days - can you eat less than that? I think so. So as long as you eat less, you lose weight. Sounds pretty frickin' easy don't it? It's all about output matching input when you break it down to it's simplist form.

Step 1: Get a bike.

Jist is offline Junior Member
    Here is some advice that might help you, get access to a ergometer (rowing machine). I was roughly your weight and height when I began and lost over 55 pounds. Moreover, if your body is proportioned like a rowers body you can work at it, get some nice times, and have a good shot at some top schools since they love rowers. It will take a ton of work, running and erging is all I can say. Put the erg on level 4 do 2 minutes at full pressue then 4 at 90% pressue and do that 5 times 30 mins and work your way up on the full pressue for 30 mins. Or just keep adding time, hardest workout I have ever done cardio wise. Btw you might puke like all hell the 1st few times but stick with it.

Thread Information