qwad65 is offline New Member

abs work out?????????

i was just wondering if its ok or good to work out abs every day ?iam try ing to gain some size in my abs and show thama little more so thats what i was wondering ?thankx

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Getting your abs to show has to do with overall body fat. If your bf% is high it does'nt matter how often you do abs you won't have that 6 pack look. But as for how often you can work abs, everyday is ok because they are a small muscle group and recover quickly. I would say maybe every other day though or at least not the same exercises everyday. Ex. Do weighted crunches and sit ups one day and the next day do some leg lifts and side crunches.

chinups Guest
    What if you are border line of having a six pack definetely showing a solid four and your BF is decent will doing them get them to show more.

Possibly but doubt it.......by all means do abs but to get that hard six pack look usually has to do with bf% and diet.

chinups Guest
    What about the ones that already show, it will make them show more or basicly its just going to be the fat ripping off that shows them more..

You can somewhat increase the muscle there and it will expand your waistline a bit but to get the definition you want I'm sorry to say it's all diet and bf%. Now if you have low bf but never work abs that's a different story.

Thread Information