vinh is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb whats a real heavy intense workout?

how do you know when you done a big heavy intense workout?

untill you run out of energy or untill u cant even hold a drink steady without shaking?

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i guess the best way to answer that is....if you don't know, you haven't had one. try to hit failure on the last set of every exersice, lift the highest possible intensity and use the heaviset possible weight. you'll know when you got one...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    When you feel dizzy, queazy, stomach-ache,...barely walk out of the gym on your feet...you have just had your "ideal" workout. Oh, and the next few days will be fun.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    my friends and i used to do a leg workout where everything was until failure, and we would do 5 sets of each like squats,leg press, stiff leg deadlifts,ham curls ,donkey calf raises standing calf raises seated calf raises all in one session and that was enough for us.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    as long as ur hella sore the next day, and worked till failure the day b4, u know u had a good work out

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Vinh....search for workouts, pick one you like (or take something from a lot of differen't workouts that have been posted), try it for 2-3 weeks and see what happens. We've given you alot of info to work with. Just do it my friend!!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Some workouts will be better than offers thats part of being human.For me when I have an intense workout I feel ill afterwards and just want to lay on the floor and sleep.When I get that feeling I know I went that little bit further.Also when I,m maxing out on the weight I suffer from nosebleeds a clear indication of pushing yourself and you head feels as if it is going to explode and then you sit up on the bech and you feel as if you are going to pass out.I would,nt recommend you aim for that type of feeling though take it easy and learn good form because if you don,t you will end up with injuries , remember good form above poundage

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    As Dane said if you don't know you haven't had one!

IMO, I look at my feelings/thougths at the end of each set, why did the set finish, did my body give up or was it my mind? If I say to myself shit that hurts gonna stop at 10, well thats bullshit and no way to grow, if I hit 10 and my body says F33K me bro I'm out of here, my mind says no way your doin' some more, when the mind comes out on top I know I couldn't have physically or mentally done any more.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: whats a real heavy intense workout?

Originally posted by vinh
    how do you know when you done a big heavy intense workout?
    When you roll off the bench and puke on the floor. 10 bonus points if somebody slips in it.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    If you have to go sit in your car for 20 minutes after your workout because you're shaking so bad that you can't drive home, then you know you did your job.

PS. EXCESS-ALWAYS bring a puke bucket.

jtnhtown is offline New Member
    Legs: When walking no longer becomes a natural thing to do. You will notice it takes concentration to walk.

Upper body: When it feels like you are using every ounce of energy remaining to open your car door. Then you must sit and get your second (or third) wind just to drive.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    you'll know when u fell like passing out as soon as you're done. Or when you walk down one step and almost collapse. When u cannot straighten your arm b/c its so tense....believe me you'll know

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You puke then you will feel so good and pumped that you
    can take the world on and beat it......

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    When you finish a set and stumble around and then puke on your shoes then you know you had a good set

Thread Information