Thread: Abs

Magic is offline New Member

Abs

I’ve now been training for about 4 months. My strength has increased and I’m know starting to see shape and size on my body. I’m seriously getting depressed when I look at my stomach. I need to know the most effective exercises for Abbs, love handles and just around the stomach. And also diet.

All ur help is much appreciated

Stay well...........

Magic..

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Diets most important. Good to stick with complex carbs and high protein. Six small meals a day. Tuna, chicken, tuna, chicken,tuna.....so damn sick of it myself Sweet potatoes,white potatoes,broccoli,rice.........broccoli......brocc oli......ugh!!!!

Once you get the diet under control, and lose the b/f, then you will discover the abbs under there. Keep crunching.....its all in the diet, though, when dealing with a six pack

Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more "lively" diet

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Diet and cardio are king when trying to get the abs to show. They're already there so it's just a matter of time to get them showing. Look at it like this. If you've never really had your bodyfat low enough to show your abs off then it's gonna take some time..but not as long as it took for them to get into the shape they were in 4 months ago when you started. Be patient, and continue to work hard. Follow these steps.

1. Increase your protein to at least 1.5 grams per lb of lean body mass.
    2. Like ann said eat six small meals each day. Being carefull to avoid all saturated fats, and simple sugars. Instead focus on fibrous veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and yams for your starches. Be sure to plan your carb intake for when you will need it (that's usually NOT at night). NO BREAD!
    3. Perform 45-1 hour of cardio at least 4 days per week first thing in the am with nothing but a cup of coffee or a thermogenic. (Workout eves, and not after cardio)
    4. Do some ab work every other day.

Good luck, and give us your updates as progress comes.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by dumbells101
    [B]Diet and cardio are king when trying to get the abs to show. They're already there so it's just a matter of time to get them showing. Look at it like this. If you've never really had your bodyfat low enough to show your abs off then it's gonna take some time..but not as long as it took for them to get into the shape they were in 4 months ago when you started. Be patient, and continue to work hard. Follow these steps.

1. Increase your protein to at least 1.5 grams per lb of lean body mass.
    2. Like ann said eat six small meals each day. Being carefull to avoid all saturated fats, and simple sugars. Instead focus on fibrous veggies, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and yams for your starches. Be sure to plan your carb intake for when you will need it (that's usually NOT at night). NO BREAD!
    3. Perform 45-1 hour of cardio at least 4 days per week first thing in the am with nothing but a cup of coffee or a thermogenic. (Workout eves, and not after cardio)
    4. Do some ab work every other day.

.... Good Job DB

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks MM. Appreciate the props. I figured you'd be right with me on this.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You can not spot reduce so as all the guys say diet is the key just keep it clean and you will see them soon.

Ilyich is offline New Member
    I am by no means disputing that diet is the key but I am wondering whether the size and the shape of the actual muscles have an effect on definition. I think they must do.
    I find it wrong that some ppl do little or no abs specific exercises at all.
    However, one must be warned against hitting the obliques too hard as they do lead to a bigger waistline as they grow.

Ilyich

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Good to see you posted in on here Magic...sorry for taking so long to reply to your PM

Magic is offline New Member
    Thank you all for your help and advice, BB no problems ur input is highly regarded bro. U guys are well informed.

Thanks once again

Magic

6pak2go is offline New Member
    Excellent Diet recommendations...Guess I am doing something right if everybody else is
    I assume you squat..Im a firm believer this keeps the basal metabolic rate up due to the large muscles involved..as above no such thing as "spot reducing"... may as well hit the largest muscles ..along with the abs of course

Thread Information