JULY GTP is offline Associate Member

1st lifting heavy, ?

i started this week doing heavy lifting,
    it may not be heavy for some of u guys but for me it's, all this years been cutting up light weight only from 15lbs up to 65lbs no more, i started
    chest only, 4sets 10reps 130lbs than 4sets 12reps 100lbs, i'm dawn sore, was off 1 day to rest,
    my ? is i want to do my back but i noticed that i feel pain on my back, however what if i do it, will i damage my muscle or overtrain it?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Have you ever had back problems? What kind of pain are we talking about? If in doubt go get it checked out by a doctor...you hurt your back and you won't be lifting anything!!

hello BIG TEXAN, is just soreness not really pain u no but, stil fresh and i feel it, and from what i feel right now i no it's going to hurt doing
    even 15lbs u no, so do u think i just go ahead and do it anyway?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If it's the type of pain you experience like the kind you get from trying a new lift? If that's what you're talking about than go slow and don't try and lift more than you're comfortable with. When lifting heavy it can be so easy to get carried away and pile on the weight. Let your body get used to lifting heavy for a few weeks and go from there. Trust me, with you lifting heavier than you've gone before you could hurt yourself very easily. Go slow and good luck to ya. Also keep proper form! This way injuries are less likely.

thanks bro i'll keep it in mind later.......

Thread Information