Thread: 3 days a week??

RyDawg88 is offline Junior Member

3 days a week??

Ok, yesterday i talked to this guy at my work who said he used to be a bb'er. he's 60 years old and i could tell he was still pretty damn thick. He said he used to train wit people like arnold and shit...i dunno if i believe that but whatever. But he told me that i should start doing legs mon,wed,fri, and upper tues, and thursday, than reverse it every week. I was like woah, thats kinda been the opposite that everyone is saying. WOuild this definatly be overtraining? or would it be ok?

bump

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    My reaction to your friend's advice: he sounds like a guy who did not know why he was growing--he just pumped steroids in himself and kept working 'til he dropped. I'd be curious if he'd list the plethora injuries he has suffered as a result (despite looking good at his age). Remember, his era of lifters were a different breed. He's sort of like the skyscraper builders of the 1940's who were far off the ground standing on a beam with no fall protection--sounds cool and daring, but not too smart.

Overtraining will do nothing for you but get your body tired, get you uninterested in the gym and possibly get you sick if not injured (the immune system is weaker when you're overtrained).

In the end, you have to do what works for you. I know a lot of people who scoff at working out just 3 days a week. I finally tried it and so did several other people. I know I grew faster and so did my friends--when we were working hella hard and resting more.

Although steroids can make you feel like you can workout 7 days week and never miss a beat your body needs rest (if you're really blasting your body well during your workouts). If you eat, rest and workout correctly, your body will grow. If you add AS to the mix your body will grow FAST. Remember: your body grows while resting NOT while tearing it down in the gym.

By the way--I doubt that he ever worked out like that more than maybe 2 weeks, then he got wise. Guys in their 60's are from a time when telling fish stories to the "youngins" (young people) was common. He's probably hoping you'll come crawling up to him after you try to imitate his mythological workout routine, and say "Hey man I'm so sore...I could NEVER do that consistantly." It's like the older guys get a rise out of making the younger guys look like they can't measure up. Just think about the whole mindset of the days when your 60-year old friend was young, and you'll understand what I'm saying is true.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-21-2003 at 09:12 AM.

thanx alot for ur post bro

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys..I am not an advocate of overtraining or anything but two things of interest to this subject......Ronnie Coleman, 6 time Mr. Olympia trains 6 days a week, and has been doing so for his whole bb'ing career....same with Arnold Schwarz. ...just food for thought....Arnolds training split was in the last Flex magazine which had him on the cover....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah they are and were training alot....but anyone on this board doing as much "cell-tech" as they are? When I'm taking "cell-tech" there's times I'll train 6-7 days a week and when I feel tired I'll skip a day or too. But without the "cell-tech" I stay with 4-5 days a week. Good point though major.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Yeah they are and were training alot....but anyone on this board doing as much "cell-tech" as they are? When I'm taking "cell-tech" there's times I'll train 6-7 days a week and when I feel tired I'll skip a day or too. But without the "cell-tech" I stay with 4-5 days a week. Good point though major.
    I agree whole heartedly bro..I was just making a point that it doesn't always spell out overtraining to workout 5 to 6 days a week...of course, the odds that you are that genetically gifted or taking that much cell tech are not in your favor

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Just playing witcha' Major!

CELL-TECH RULES!!!!

Thread Information