Thread: Total failure

fliprock is offline Junior Member

Total failure

It seems like when i bulk up all i gain is fat... im gonna post some pics in the members pic forum later when i take some new ones...
    and these last 4 weeks i've been sick constantly...
    I could post my diet & workout if you guys want

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Diet is definitely the key, whether you're bulking or cutting. Although it's natural to gain some fat / water weight when trying to add weight, too much isn't healthy (and doesn't look good either !!)

Throw your diet on the board, let everyone have a look at it....

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey bro...I am currently on cycle and have gained 30lbs so far...some of it's been water/fat, but hell, it's better to gain all the lbm you can which means some water/fat gain.....then manipulate your diet again to shed the bf and keep the lbm....

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    When bulking you will gain some fat but you still need to eat clean so you don't put on too much fat. Like Key said....post your diet and we can go from there.

here's a typical day for me
    meal 1:
    oatmeal 80 g
    1000 g milk (1 liter) (5 g fat, 35 g protein, 50 g carbs)

meal 2: (mon-friday)
    whatever is served in school

meal 3:
    bread 100-150 g
    milk 1 liter

meal 4:
    100-150 g pasta
    skinless chicken

meal 5:
    100-150 g pasta
    skinless chicken/ salmon

meal 6:
    post workout drink

meal 7:
    1 liter milk

btw.. just lost 9 lbs while i was sick... none of it was fat

KeyMastur is offline VET
    meal 4 & 5 are both the same ???

what kind of milk are you drinking ?? i only drink skim milk.

as for meal 2 - whatever is served in school is probably not healthy. tons of grease.

you say you are trying to bulk, but what's an approximate number of the calories in your diet ?? just by looking at what you've got up, it doesn't look like much.

plus, all i see is carbs, carbs, & more carbs, which will get stored as fat.

as for being sick, shit happens. get depressed and not feel like eating all day and see where that gets you. (don't do this, cause you'll lose about 4 / 5 pounds)

meal 4 & 5 are both the same ???

what kind of milk are you drinking ?? i only drink skim milk.
    well i stated the nutrients (5 g fat, 35 <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>, 50 g carbs)
    i cant tell you more...

as for meal 2 - whatever is served in school is probably not healthy. tons of grease.

for the most of the time it's not that bad (i dont live in the us =) )

you say you are trying to bulk, but what's an approximate number of the calories in your diet ?? just by looking at what you've got up, it doesn't look like much.

well i have gained pretty much weigth

plus, all i see is carbs, carbs, & more carbs, which will get stored as fat.

you just said i was eating to little calories!?
    I always get more than 30 g of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> every meal...

as for being sick, shit happens. get depressed and not feel like eating all day and see where that gets you. (don't do this, cause you'll lose about 4 / 5 pounds)

well i couldnt eat anything because i was throwing up... not because i was depressed (did i get you wrong here!?)

Cubber is offline Junior Member
    Here's what I have done for my first bulking cycle...

1. Decided on 4000 cals per day.

2. Divided my food between meals that fit my job and schedule (6 meals, post workout protein shake & fruit, protein shake before bed)

3. Worked the meals out so that I get approximately 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, and 20% Fat.

4. I eat only: chicken breast, turkey breast, steak, tuna, salmon, egg whites, rice, potatoe, oatmeal, forzen vegies, salad, some bread. I take Udo's oil to increase my fat intake.

5. Cook a pile of food on Sundays so I'm not cooking all week long.

I'm putting on a little fat and that bugs me, but I can see size change and my strength just keeps growing. I've put a lot of time into this so I'm gong to stick with it to the end (another 6 weeks)

I hope this is of some help.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    If all you gain is fat, youre doing it wrong. Now everyone gains fat while bulking, check out my pics (http://body_insp.tripod.com) but you should be able to minimize it if you number one
    1) Keep insulin soars to a minimum. Do it three or four times a day , and with milk you have too many simple carbs that sends your insulin up.
    Add more protein, and more workout shakes. Expensive i know, i lived in Paris, and whey can cost 33$ for 2lbs. Very expensive, but check out my pics and that is what i did. I wouldve ended up looking like lee priest had it not been for a controlled diet.
    Peace

i always thought insulin was a positive thing....
    i have gained alot of size... and some strength... dont know what is muscle and what is fat... i will soon post some pics

and i will start eating more fat & slow carbs instead of all these fast carbs.... what do you guys recommend to eat before bedtime? str8flex for instance recommended milk on his website...
    Last edited by fliprock; 01-26-2003 at 01:16 PM.

yellows2k is offline Member
    You need to count your calories and macros.

Thread Information