TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

best grip for maxing out on bench......

when ur trying to max out on bench, what do u guys think the best grip is to take to put up heavy weight? shoulder width? narrower then shoulder width? which one??

Decoder is offline Banned
    The best grip for max, is middle finger on the ring that is on the bar. When i reguarly bench my index finger is on that ring. If you don't know what im talking about look at the bar there is a ring that goes around it about shoulder with apart.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Decoder
    The best grip for max, is middle finger on the ring that is on the bar. When i reguarly bench my index finger is on that ring. If you don't know what im talking about look at the bar there is a ring that goes around it about shoulder with apart.
    This is relative to your width though. Adjust if you are overly thick or really narrow shouldered (if that is even a word) Personally I use the grip that Decoder is talking about religiously, and I think most normal sized people will find that grip to benefit them greatly. I only say this because I used to workout with the center of my schools basketball team and he used a funny ass grip, but it worked for him.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    For maxing out, I go wider. But when I bench regular, I have the outside of my hand an inch or 2 away from the power ring.

Thread Information