YOUKNOWMYSTEEZ1 is offline New Member

Question Which workout is better

Hey everyone,

Just got back into the gym after a long layoff of about a year or so. When I used to workout I would do 2 bodyparts per workout..like Monday:chest & bi's........Tuesday:shoulders & tri's....etc....this would consist of 3 exersises for each body part and my reps would be 10,8,6 moving up in weight each time.( my ultimate goal is to put on mass)

My question is this, I am now working out with my fiances cousin...who is bigger than me and in much better shape.... so the way he works out is doing 1 body part per work out....but doing maybe 6 or 7 exersises and consisting of 2 sets per exersise.

Basically I wanted to know opinions one which you guys feel is a better way to go about it, or which one will provide the best rusults.

Thanks in advance for your help

BUMP

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey bro..give his workout a shot and see how your body reacts...everyone has their own sweet zone, and the only way to learn your own body is to get in the gym and experiment a little bit..

Personally, I now train 4 days a week and have been getting the best results ever:

Monday: Chest am/ Shoulders pm
    Tuesday: Back am / Traps pm
    Wednesday: off (cardio during cutting)
    Thursday: Biceps am/ Triceps/forearms pm
    Friday: Quads am/ Hams/Calves pm

I train back/legs right before off days to maximize growth of these HUGE muscle groups which on my body take the most recovery time.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    Your cousin's workout sounds very similar to my brother in-laws and mine. I've read various posts on AR that suggest training the hell out of one body part a day, and only training that bodypart once a week. You might want to pick up Arnold's Body Building Encyclopedia. Its a great read and has a ton of variations on exercises for each bodypart to keep your body guessing\growing.
    Our workout looks like this:
    Mon: Chest - 6 to 8 exercises X 4 sets each X 8 to 10 reps
    Tues: Back - " "
    Wed: Biceps: - " "
    Thurs: Shoulders - " "
    Fri: Triceps - " "
    Sat: Legs - " "
    Sun: Rest
    We do 3 exercises everyday for abs, and also add forearms on Tricep and Bicep days, 2 exercisesX4 setsX8-10 reps.
    With this routine I put on 2 inches on my chest, 1 inch on both arms, 1/2 inch on calves, dropped 3% body fat and 1 1/2 inchs off of my waist........in 2 months; naturally, no sups or roids.
    So IMHO this is a really great routine to follow. However, this is just my experience and there are many VERY experienced BBs here that I know will be very happy to answer any of your questions.
    Good luck with whatever you make your routine.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree with Major.....just try this one for awhile and see forst hand which one works best for you.

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback...I'm gonna give it a shot for a month or 2 and see how it goes........ and by the way MAJOR is that you in that pic? .....if so DAMMMMNNNNN SON YOUR LEGS ARE FREAKING HUUUUUUUGE....

Naw that's not Major.......at least not yet! The way his progresshas been going I'd bet it won't be long 'till he does look like that!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    No doubt Major will be there soon, but if you guys get a chance to look at that ad up close (ie, on the back of a mag or something), you'll see that while the guy is no doubt huge, he's made to look FAR FAR bigger through the carefully placed background machines and weights. A plate or two strategically placed in the background gives both his calf and quad a little "extra" sweep. There are a few more things in that ad as well that a friend on mine and I were going back and forth about.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    No doubt Major will be there soon, but if you guys get a chance to look at that ad up close (ie, on the back of a mag or something), you'll see that while the guy is no doubt huge, he's made to look FAR FAR bigger through the carefully placed background machines and weights. A plate or two strategically placed in the background gives both his calf and quad a little "extra" sweep. There are a few more things in that ad as well that a friend on mine and I were going back and forth about.
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh......upon close examination I do believe I see what you're saying. Good eye BG!!

Thread Information