HiFi is offline Associate Member

lose weight while building muscle?

is it possible to lose weight while building muscle because, 2 weeks ago i started lifting, and i made my diet really strict, not intending to starve myself, but it seems 2 weeks ago i was 164 and now im 159.. is this counterproductive to my muscle building?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: lose weight while building muscle?

Originally posted by HiFi
    lose weight while building muscle?
    Possibly if you had an excess of fat and dropped 10lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of fat burning muscle - net loss of 5 pounds. Which is feasible in 6-8 weeks... certainly not 2 weeks. If you are down 5 pounds in 2 weeks it could be several things: your scale is f'ed up, you were holding major water, you weighed at different times of the day, you are not eating correctly and are catabolizing muscle tissue, ... and on and on...

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Re: lose weight while building muscle?

Originally posted by Warrior

Possibly if you had an excess of fat and dropped 10lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of fat burning muscle - net loss of 5 pounds. Which is feasible in 6-8 weeks... certainly not 2 weeks. If you are down 5 pounds in 2 weeks it could be several things: your scale is f'ed up, you were holding major water, you weighed at different times of the day, you are not eating correctly and are catabolizing muscle tissue, ... and on and on...
    I would have to agree, make sure you weight yourself in the morning before you get any fluid or food in you. This will give a very acurate measure of your weight. Also I think if you did that in 2 weeks I would say it was mostly water. IMO

Pain

platinum is offline Associate Member
    Yup, I'll bet water weight, especially if you just started working out. Keep that diet clean and high in protein and will get good results.

Platinum

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    A fat loss of two pounds a week is safe. so i would figure it would be 4 pounds of fat and 6 pounds of water.

heh if you try atkins or keto diets you can lose upto 20 lbs in a week (all water)

yellows2k is offline Member
    My body fat has been going down while my strength has been going up and I am in a cutting cycle.

GUYVER is offline New Member
    Give Dan Duchaine's Bodyopus Diet a try. If done properly it will help you to obtain your goal.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    It's possible to lose fat and build muscle......it's not easy, but it's possible.

Thread Information