Polska is offline Anabolic Member

How's this for shocking lagging muscle groups?

I had this idea but I am not sure if I should roll with it... I've never heard of anyone doing this.

My arms and legs are definately my most lagging muscle groups, they lag behind EVERYTHING else to the point where it's looking unproportional to the rest of me.

I was thinking about training ONLY my lagging muscle groups: Legs, Biceps, Triceps. Forget Chest, Delts, Traps, Back... for now.
    I was thinking:

1 Legs
    2 Biceps
    3 Triceps
    4 Rest
    5 Repeat

If I alternate exercises each time and hit them with maximum intensity, wouldn't it shock the muscles to hypertrophy? Yes, no?

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Nah you need to use compound exercises if you want overall growth. Include everything and separate muscle groups that work toether (chest shoulders trs) and back and bis.
    Thats about it for the routine SPLIT.

BD.. that's what I've been doing. I am keeping a two on, one off split right now, dividing everything into a seperate day. For example:

1 Triceps
    2 Legs
    3 ------
    4 Chest
    5 Biceps
    6 ------
    7 Shoulders, Traps
    8 Back
    9 ------
    10 (repeat)

The schedule varies each week in accordance to what feels sore, or simply what I feel like training that day. I always keep a schedule 9 days in advance, and go by that. But I still can't get my lagging muscle groups to hypertrophy for the life of me. The arms especially. I've tried different excercises, weights, forced reps, emphasis on negatives, etc.
    And I've still only gained maybe 1/2-3/4 an inch on my arms in ... 8 months? Everything else is progressing fine though.
    Last edited by Polska; 01-29-2003 at 02:14 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    1/2 - 3/4 inch in your arms in 8 months?!?!?!?! And you're complaining? Going the natural route an increase of 1/2-3/4 inch is good. Or at least that's my opinion. You need to hit every body part each week. Don't skip it. If you don't it could affect other body parts. Just hit it harder on leg day and arms day. I do bi's and tri's once a week and since I go heavy for sets of 4 on other days when it comes to arms al I do is 3 exercises 3-4 reps as heavy as I can go on arms and getting good results. As for legs....HEAVY SQUAT is the key to big legs, that's all there is to it. I do 3 warm up sets and 4 heavy sets and then 3 sets on leg extensions and 4 sets on leg curls then on to calves....everyonce in a while I'll do leg extensions and my legs are getting there. Good luck to ya!

Big Texan ... is 1/2 inch in eight months still good considering two cycles were done in that time period?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I don't know what everyone else will say, but I'm telling you yes it is good even with 2 cycles.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    im just wonderng exactly what exercises you do for tris, bis, and legs.

TheGame... you name them, I've probably done 'em. Maybe it is my form or technique that's off, and I am just not executing the movements like I should be. I'm sure there has to be a reason for my declined arm growth. Maybe it's in my head, like Big Texan implied.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Maybe overtraining? what was your previous workout like?

1/2"-3/4" is good if it was all LBM which most likely isnt. on average most people gain about 10-15lbs of LBM a year and I forgot where I heard it but about 20lbs of LBM is equal to 1" on the arm. but if if your body fat hasnt gone up at all and u got that growth then excellent job.

20lbs of LBM = 1" on the arm? If you put it that way, my growth has been right on the money. It'll just take me another couple of years to build the massively freaky arms I desire

Thread Information