rocklizard is offline Junior Member

Training frequency

For years, I, like many of you, was under the old school training methodology of training each muscle group twice a week.

It seems as if recent thought in our "world of iron" is moving into a realm of only training each muscle group once a week. My 20 yo son and I recently have begun to experiment with this rationale and we are getting stronger, thus larger.

We have just finished an 8 week cycle of Sus/Deca 6 weeks ago and have realized no size/strength losses to date. This is the first time in 15 years for me being "on the dark side" that I have experienced anything like this when "coming off."

We did our HCG /Nolva/Clo as usual. I am trying to figure out if it is the fact that there is so much recuperation time with the new program we have incorporated in training every muscle group only once a week.

Have any of you had similar experiences after decreasing training frequency!?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I like mixing it up...but right now I'm training every body part once a week, besides calves, forearms, and abs, which i work twice a week...because they don't handle as much weight... Do what works for you...I know you've heard it before, but I'll say it again...

"Everyone's different"

BTW...How cool of you and your son to be in on this together..Shows good bonding if you ask me...

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I think you will get proponents of both variations, although I think the majority here prefer the once per week per bodypart method (with the obvious exceptions of calves and abs). If my main focus was getting super lean I would possibly incorporate high rep work with each body part twice per week.

It is cool that you and your son are doing this together...evn though he may be a tad younger than most would recommend he is obviously safe and in good hands. My son is only 9 so I guess I'll have to wait another 12-14 years

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    If my main focus was getting super lean I would possibly incorporate high rep work with each body part twice per week.

I agree with Pete i train one bodypart per week as i feel that each muscle gets hit again as a secondary muscle in other workouts! i do train a muscle group twice if its lacking but thats my preference and it works for me!

I wont bore you but I had a conversation with Dorian Yates and he said his quads used to be a real problem area for him and they were just not balanced enough! So in the beginning when he first started training his idea was if a bodypart is lacking then train it more! So he was training it up to 3 times a week and instead of getting bigger was getting smaller! So he realised that what was happening was the body was not reaching a full state of recovery! In other words instead of building that muscle he was breaking the muscle fibers down!

In conclusion your body needs adequate rest and recovery in order to grow so even after the pain of your last work out has subsided this doesnt necessarly mean its fine to train again it just means that the fibers have gone into a state of repair but it could mean another few days recovery before they are able to be worked again!

OK OK ill shut up now
    Ms Figure

MsFit is offline Female Member
    If you are "supplementing" you may be able to get away with training more than once as week, as the "supplement" aids in recovery. Natuallly, it takes a muscle 7-10 days to recover and repair. When you train you are tearing down the muscle and it rebuilds stornger during rest. It the torn down muscle is trained again before it's fully repaired it will not grow because it was not rebuilt.

I found more growth and progress when I stepped back to 3 - 4 days a week.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I train 2 on 1 off 2on 2 off doing each muscle once a week.
    It works for me.

rocklizard is offline Junior Member

training frequency

Thanks to all of you that have responed with your personal insights regarding training frequency!

Maybe together we can all learn from one another's triumphs and mistakes, and continue to move forward successfully, and fulfill our individual and collective goals.

All comments are welcomed.

Thread Information