interlokin is offline New Member

switching gyms???????

For the past 2 years i have been training at the same gym. The gym is very nicle set up with alot of cardio, t.vs., and lots of weights and hammer strength. But lalely i have been getting crappy work outs because i think i hate my gym, Its turning into a fraturnity and sorority hang out spot. Does anyone here go to different gyms different days of the week or switch gyms every so often. Would it be a good/bad idea to another gym????

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    If your workouts are suffering, then it's time to look for a better environment.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    For me, it's all about environment, if I can't the the workout I need in..i find someplace I can..

kc

yellows2k is offline Member
    What are they doing that upsets you?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Do u really need to ask yellows? Heck, i'm just glad that just about all the new years res ppl are gone.

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    Saboudian, I agree with you.. Every JAnuary... all these low will powered people join gym thinking they will have cover model body BY summer time, but before February hits they are gone.. I HATE people who make new years resolutions, Y cant you just get and go at it? new years res is a bunch of BS for LAZY people... I've been working out regularly for over 3 years and I have seen people come and go... they are just nuisance and cause noise and try to hit every bodypart everyday and to make matters worse lift "HEAVY", even though regular guys (not to mention BIGGER) lift lighter weights....

I spent 3 years at the same gym, and I had NO plan to leave gym, but I did cuz management tried to fuck around with my Bros membership. Anyways, thing is your gym, you are used to, you know where everything is, and you are kinda attached to it.. thats why you WANT to stay..... but you do need changeyour gym for newer or better equipment nad new environment, and DEFINITELY a partner who will support you (it does boost your confidence)

so its your personal choice, and dont give a fuck about other people who just come to "hang out" or "PLAY BALL" (damn its a gym not a basket ball ground lol) ..if you are not attached then you should switch gyms, otherwise Ignore others or change your time if possible and you will find yourself in better mood, or concentrate on your weights and exercises, so all these people know you are dedicated, and they wont bother you or they will stay away from you.

Good Luck Bro

Yung Wun is offline Member
    switch it up brotha
    i change gyms everytime it gets boring to me
    sometimes change of faces and environment is what you need to kick start your workouts again
    i take time off a certain gym every so often and go to my buddies
    gym. try it out brotha and you'll notice a change in your workouts

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I like sticking with the same gym. There's a small group of us that lift religously and seem to get there at the same time during the week, so spots and lift-offs and such are no hassle. Not to mention we give each other sh@# whenever one of us gets lazy and starts tp skip or just not lift with enough intensity! But if things are bothering you that bad, than switch!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I, too, regularly change gyms. I am a member of three local gyms (my college's gym, one I train at which gives me a free membership, and the "Y", where I have a traditional membership). I truly think I would go crazy if I had to spend a few months exclusively at one...i truly NEED that change of scenery and personalities quite frequently.

Thread Information