GBECK is offline New Member

Question Everyones Opinion On The Best Way To Work Muscles

HEY EVERYONE IVE GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU, I KNOW SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT ITS GOOD TO LIFT ONE MUSCLE PER DAY, EXAMPLE IS THAT DAY1 YOU LIFT JUST BICEPS AND TRICEPS, DAY2 YOU LIFT JUST SHOULDERS AND CHEST,DAY 3 LIFT LEGS,DAY 4 LIFT BACK MUSCLES AND FORARMS AND YOU DO THIS A WEEK WITH NO REST PERIOD. NOW OTHER PEOPLE SAY THAT LIFT ALL UPPER BODY ONE DAY,TAKE A DAY REST DAY THEN LIFT LOWER BODY THEN DAY REST, DAY AFTER DAY. THEN IVE HEARD PEOPLE TELL ME THAT LIFT UPPER BODY ONE DAY THEN TAKE 3 TO4 DAYS OFF THEN DO LOWER BODY THEN TAKE 3OR4 DAYS OFF AND SO ON. JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK THIS WILL HELP OUT ALOT THANKS

postel is offline Junior Member
    I,ve just reinvented my training after a long lay off. Going starat back into a heavy lift routine, one muscle group a day was to hard for me. So I adapted my old work out to this:
    Monday- Chest and Shoulders (Mainly presses then strict defining movements such as flyes)

Tuesday- Quads (Lots of squats and leg press)

Wednesday- Off/ CV (If I feel like it, 30min+)

Thursday- Back and arms (Pull downs and rows, curls and skull crusher)

Friday- Hamstrings and calves

Saturday and Sunday- Off

yellows2k is offline Member
    I'm natural so my body needs rest to recuperate and grow.

Day 1 Chest/Bis
    Day 2 Legs
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Shoulders/Tris
    Day 5 Back
    Day 6 Rest
    Day 7 Repeat

Every muscle gets hit directly once and secondarily one time and there is ample time to rest between muscles that are secondary in other parts like 3 days rest between chest and shoulders and tris and 3 days rest between legs and back, etc.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    id say do to workout compound muscle groups at a time.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I personally have had my best gains yet, wether I'm on gear or not with this split
    day1-back
    day2-shoulders
    day3-off
    day4-legs
    day5-chest
    day6-arms
    day7-off

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    To me everybody is different, what works for one person may not work at all for another. So all you can do is try a couple different routines and see which one works the best for you and stick with it..

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i love dropsets and supersets and all those goodies

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It looks like you're lookin more for a workout split rather then gettin into the various techniques, you might want to reword your title.

Like rebel said, everyone has a different "best" split, however from experimenting, u can figure out which one works the best for you.

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    I personally think that abbreviated training (HIT style, core exercises done infrequently) is the most productive and efficient way of training. I used to train 3-4 times a week (for 3 years), however did not gain as much as I did when I switched to HIT (last 2 years). For those of you not familiar with this type of training I suggest you take a look at it. www.hargainer.com www.cyberpump.com . However if external variables are not fulfilled (sleep, diet) any type of training is inefficient.

Sheek is offline Junior Member
    sorry bros its www.hardgainer.com

Decoder is offline Banned
    Well it some what matter's what order you put your work out in, here is a way to create one by your self base off muscle recovery times.

IT rougly takes the follow /hr's to recover:
    Chest 48 hr's
    back 72 hr's
    leg's 72 hr's
    shoulder's 48 hr's
    bi's tri's calf's abs's 24 hours,

Now you can see why you can work some muscle more than others in a week.

Also if your going with a 5 day work out, think about this

Monday chest
    Tuesday bi's tri's
    Wednesday leg's

I'm not going on but you can see how the first 2 days involed the upper body and arm's, and by hitting legs wednesday your upper body gets to rest for 24 hours before you use again for shoulders, and whatever else you want to do from then on. Like yung said super set's and drop set's are the bomb for size and strength.
    Last edited by Decoder; 02-08-2003 at 11:06 PM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Your question is very broad and differs between somotypes, experience level, age, sex, lifestyle...

So to answer your question: there is no one way that is the right way. You have to be willing to not accept plateaus and be able to fine tune your training for your personal needs.

For me - I like verying intensities so each bodypart receives a different stimulis and rest period every workout. Verying intesities helps me tremendously to not overtrain - while keeping away from detraining.

Thread Information