RebelMan is offline Junior Member

Workout Routine??

My BF is pretty high and I am trying to cut it down. I run about a mile everyday and my diet is in check but I am not sure what type of workout routine i should do to help cut the fat.

I was wondering if I should use less weight, do more reps, and have less rest between sets. Or should I keep my regular workout and do sets of 10-8-6. Any suggestions will help. Thanks.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well, obviously you know your different types of routines, just try each for 4-6 weeks and see what works for you. As for me I like to go heavy, low reps for my main lift like 8-8-6-4, and moderate weight with higher reps for my secondary lifts, like 10-12 reps each. It sorta like getting the best of both worlds.

I see what you mean. Right now I am doing pretty much the same thing your doing. Just having trouble figuring out how much weight i can do for squat with a 10-8-6-4 rep range.

A good way to figure it out is to do a one rep max. Once you have that you can than judge what fells comfortable for 10-8-6-4 reps, or just start light and increase each week until you get it.

last week I did 225-10, 250-10, 275-8, and when i got to 300 i could only do it 4 times...Any suggestions on what weights I should use to get down to a 10-8-6-4 workout, or should i stay the same?

Well either 300 is pretty heavy for you or you just got tired. Try this looking at those weights, do 2 light warm up sets, 225 for 10, 275 for 8, then go 295 for 6, than try 315 for 4. If it starts getting too heavy to quickly either get a really good spot or just lighten up a bit. Only you can decide on what to lift. You know your body, if you think you can lift it try it, if not, go lighter.

Thanks for the info.

BIG

I did my leg workout today and use the weights and reps you told me for squats and it worked out just right. I could barely get the last rep on the last two sets so it tested me, just what i wanted to do. Thanks for the help.

Not a problem, remember, keep this up and every couple of weeks try and go heavier whenever possible.

Thread Information