Thread: Hamstrings

postel is offline Junior Member

Question Hamstrings

Having a bit of a mental block, what does everyone do for good hamstring results?

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Leg Curls....Stiff Legged Dead Lifts.....Lunges

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    To my grave I will maintain that not a single exercise in the world has even half the effect on the hamstrings that glute ham raises do. Nine weeks after incorporating them into my routine, my hams literally exploded! If your gym doesn't have a proper glute ham raise machine, use the lat pulldown: tuck your heels under the pads that normally ground your thighs, your knees will be resting where your normally sit....on point past your knees is in contact with the pad. Keepign the spine in an "upright" position, lower the body until parallel with the floor, raise (the only way to do this is to forcefully contract your hams). No doubt you will not be able to do a full rep at first....which is why i suggest the lat pulldown station, as you can grip the bar behind your back like you'd hold an olympic bar while squatting, and it acts as a counterweight allowing you to do full reps.

Andy is offline Associate Member
    I do stiff leg dead lifts, thigh raises (same that big green is talking about), and the hamstring curl machines. I have awesome hardness in my hammies at current and can barely walk from my legs workout day before yesterday :O
    Sometimes I do very deep lunges with something like a 30 dumbell in each hand. These often make ya soar in the hammies to especially from the stretching if done correctly

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Major's right, leg curls, straight legged dead, and lunges.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    FRANKENSTEINS!!!!! These puppies kill! It's a one leg leg curl....curl all the way up...back down 1/3 of the way, back up then all the way down for one rep. If you can stand the pain, they'll rock your hamms!

Thread Information