chamkila is offline Junior Member

time off b4 dieting hard...

hi guys just wondering if i take about 2-3 weeks off working out b4 i start dieting hard is gonna effectg any lossw in muscle size, i was bulking for the last 3-4 months (natural) and now am thinking about cutting .. is the extra rest in between , say 2-3 weeks, going to effect any muscle loss??

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've read somewhere that it takes about 6 weeks for muscle loss to occur as long as your diet and calorie intake stays good. Taking a couple of weeks off to rest after bulking won't hurt. now if you find yourself antsy or worried try just taking a week off and go from there.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I've read somewhere that it takes about 6 weeks for muscle loss to occur as long as your diet and calorie intake stays good. Taking a couple of weeks off to rest after bulking won't hurt. now if you find yourself antsy or worried try just taking a week off and go from there.
    I have heard this too, I can't remember where. Any other bro's know if this is a definite.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    The 2-3 weeks is excellent because during that time you can slowly lower your caloric intake and carb intake. IMO, the number one thing you can do wrong when going from bulking to cutting is just drop 1000-2000 calories in a matter of a day or few days....

Thread Information