Thread: Clothes

StrongChick is offline Female Member

Clothes

Do you ladies have the same problems I have? I can't find clothes that fit. All if my sweaters are tight around my arm (esp. the upper arm) and too loose in the chest and stomach. I can't find jeans that fit my waist and are comforatable around the Quad...It's frustrating to me.

fitgirl943 is offline Female Member
    Hi Strongchick Nice to meet you. I too have the problem with shirts being too tight in the upper arm. I mean sometimes it literally chokes my arm! I cant buy the shirt bigger because then the entire fit is too big though it gives me relief in the upper arm. When I'm in good shape the waist never fits which usually doesn't bother me too much, but the leg area is usually ok (I tend to fill out this area in my jeans).

I can always tell what shape I'm in by the fit of my clothes!
    Last edited by fitgirl943; 10-18-2001 at 10:49 PM.

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes me too it can feel uncomfotable cant it my waist is tiny my quads slightly bigger, my arms in Tshirts are a lot bigger and im only little really i used to be a perfect 6 now im just not sure im a mixture LOL
    Ms Figure

Super is offline Female Member
    Yes, I have the same problems with clothes being too tight in the upper arm and thighs.

What makes it worse is that I'm 5"10, so almost no regular pants are long enough in the legs. The waist isn't too much of a problem for me because my build isn't overly curvy through the waist and hips.

Chempink is offline Retired Moderator
    I have the same probs with clothes. I always used to wear size small in tops but now it feels way too tight around my delts and arms. Getting into bigger sizes would look too big on me. Finding certain styles in jeans is hard, my waist is tiny and my quads are bigger.......and I have a butt lol.........the clothes they make is for thin tall girls. Sometimes I buy my clothes in boys department and all my tops are stretchy
    Its not the Length of Life but its Depth.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    All you women with tiny waists can kiss my

Just kidding...you should feel blessed.

Super- good to see a fellow tall woman on here...what are pants? I don't think i've even worn a pair this year
    What happens here, stays here

Super is offline Female Member
    Primo, I'm with you, that's one thing I would never lament, having a tiny waist. Of course, other women would say the same thing about our long legs...what's your inseam?

Ashley is offline Female Member
    Hey Primo----It took me about a solid year before I could hit the gym but I had extensive surgery with bridges built and all so I am a bit different than the norm. on healing time. My Doc. told me at least 6 mons before I could go back to water skiing and I was competing at the time so that really sucked!! I ts every bit worth it and I have never met a person who has them that says they would never do it again. I would and plan on it inabout 5 more years. I just feel that something that foreign in your body shouldn't stay there more than 10 yrs.

Are you thinking about getting them?? It is all about research and the Doc.!!!! Good luck!Ash!!

I totally agree with you Ash.........
    primodonna your little avatar is so cute.

Thanks Ashley and CP..always thinking about it

Primo what do you mean you haven't wore pants all year? As for Primo and Super being tall I have to say that I get so disgusted when I can't find short enough pants. I really need petite fit but lately it seems petites are hard for me to find. Any other Shorty have that prob?

i only wear skirts and summer dresses etc...too hot to wear anything else even if i could

Jenna is offline Female Member
    Funny I should read this post today! I just went to Express yesterday to buy some jeans.... the 5's were too tight on my legs but PERFECT on my waist! So, I tried the 7's - they looked like a damn paper sack around my waist! If someone were standing behind me - they would be able to see clear down to my thong!

I HATE shopping for jeans! Needless to say - I didn't end up buying any yesterday....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

PammyJ is offline Female Member
    I have jeans from Gap that I love!! They have different lengths so I can get the long length (I'm 5 ft 9 in) and they have quite few different fits. I haven't gotten any for a while so I don't know if they still have as many styles as they did. I wasn't really sure if I liked them till I wore them out and had a ton of people tell me I looked thinner. I was like "ah my new favorite jeans!!"

Lucky jeans are also pretty decent fitting. I like a low waist on my jeans though. I have to admit I bought guy's Tommy Hilfiger jeans and they're pretty comfy too.

Hmmmmmmmmm..............thanks PammyJ - I may have to check out the Gap !

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Iron Butterfly is offline Female Member
    I am also short so most of my pants are always dragging on the ground. Thank god for platform boots

Try the Express "bikini cut" jeans. I bought a pair and they fit perfect! They are low-waist, and are stretchy so that helps with the leg problem, and they have short, reg and tall sizes.

Iron Butterfly where can I get them........thanks

Originally posted by Chempink
    Iron Butterfly where can I get them........thanks
    You can get them at Express.

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Iron Butterfly is offline Female Member
    yep Jenna!

ugh, speaking of Express I went there yesterday to buy some stuff for work(start my new job tom!) and every sweater i tried on did not fit right!! i was so aggravated!

the thing with the jeans is that you just have to try on every kind they have, they have a million different fits, but forget the sweaters

StrongChick is offline Female Member
    You know, I think that Express is pretty pricey considering their clothes do not last....Once you wash them once, they look like they are from last year! Disposable clothes, we call them!

Originally posted by StrongChick
    You know, I think that Express is pretty pricey considering their clothes do not last....Once you wash them once, they look like they are from last year! Disposable clothes, we call them!
    I take almost all of my things from Express to the dry cleaners. The tag may not say dry clean, but they last and the colors don't fade by doing this.
    Unaddressed behavior is condoned behavior.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Am i in the right forum? or is this the ladies forum? kinda like it though, girls..

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have the same problem

i'm not huge but i have to take all my shirts/sweaters things liek that to my tailor.i am broad up top and i have a 29" waist which is fine and good, but when you spend rediculous amounts on clothes and always have to figure in tailor costs it sucks.my dad has the same problem too.oh well, what can you do?

Originally posted by bigtraps
    Am i in the right forum? or is this the ladies forum? kinda like it though, girls..
    GET OUT! NOW!!!

bigtraps is offline Member
    Originally posted by primodonna

GET OUT! NOW!!!

You not the boss of me. I know you are but what am I. J/K Primo, I allways do what da women want. see ya!

MsFit is offline Female Member
    Clothes shopping sucks. I wear business suits t work and I have get a 14 jacket to fit around my back and shoulders. Makes me think I'm fat or something. Old mentalities still present.
    MsFit
    The Elite Physique

MsFit's Pics

I'm better know as misfit!

Thread Information