lxorl is offline Associate Member

altered work out and Protien

my question is two parts...

first , i altered my work out to allow more time for cardio.... For each day/body part I am now doing 2-3 exercises, but extending the sets to between 4-7 low reps to burn out on the last couple of sets.... when im done the workout, i feel like i could still do a bit more.. But the next day I am nice and sore..... Is the soreness a good indication of progress and response to the change in the work out?

second, i have read this somewhere, but can someone explain the action time on protine sources... what i mean is whey protine is quick acting, so its good right after a work out.... I believe egg whites are slower acting so they are good for bed time... can anyone elaborate on this??

yellows2k is offline Member

Re: altered work out and Protien

Originally posted by lxorl
    my question is two parts...

first , i altered my work out to allow more time for cardio.... For each day/body part I am now doing 2-3 exercises, but extending the sets to between 4-7 low reps to burn out on the last couple of sets.... when im done the workout, i feel like i could still do a bit more.. But the next day I am nice and sore..... Is the soreness a good indication of progress and response to the change in the work out?

second, i have read this somewhere, but can someone explain the action time on protine sources... what i mean is whey protine is quick acting, so its good right after a work out.... I believe egg whites are slower acting so they are good for bed time... can anyone elaborate on this??
    Soreness is no indication of progress whatsoever....

lxorl is offline Associate Member

Re: Re: altered work out and Protien

Originally posted by yellows2k

Soreness is no indication of progress whatsoever....
    well if im getting sore, then I am reacting to the change in my routine??? the muscles are getting shocked?

yellows2k is offline Member
    There has already been a thread about this...
    Soreness is just acid built up in your muscles...I get sore after every workout and my routines been the same for 4 months...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    He's right, never measure a workout by how sore you are afterward, I forget but yes, egg whites are good before bed because they are slow to digest.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I already answered this guestion on FG for you.

Pain

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There actually was an article on bodybuilding.com about the times of each protein source it takes to digest. One of the few good articles there. Anyways i beleive whey is approximately 1/2 hour, meat is about 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours, i think eggs were 2-2 1/2 hours and casein(dairy) was at about 3 hours. My #'s maybe slightly off, but that should give you a good rough estimate. Its nice to eat several different types of proteins, that way you get a nice steady stream of protein over the next few hours.

Thread Information