peam is offline Suspended

natural weight gain

I'm writing this for a friend....
    She's 5'6 and 112lbs. She wants to get up to 120lbs for track. The season starts in two weeks. We know nothing about how to gain weight. She's a pole vaulter and wants to use the 120 pole. Two weeks isn't enough time to gain that much weight, but the sooner the better. If you guys have any suggestions.... that would be great.

yellows2k is offline Member
    If 120 is all you are concerned about whether it be fat, water or muscle, then by all means, eat a whole pizza a day. If you want lean mass with as little fat as possible, 2 weeks isn't long enough..

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yellow's right, 8 lbs in 2 weeks is'nt long enough.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    i dont think she is asking to gain that weight in exactly 2 weeks....she is asking about work out routines that would put on mass and help towards gaining that weight naturally....so just help her out and point her out in the right direction.

yellows2k is offline Member
    The trick is to eat just enough calories for your body to grow, but not too much that u gain fat quickly or not enough where u won't grow....however many calories that is, depends on your experimentation and work...

how should she be lifting, what kind of reps and stuff?....sorry im new to this and im just a girl

She needs to eat a good diet, tell her to back off any junk food and replace it with healthy food, lots of meats, chicken, turkey, lean beef, lean pork and fish. Also start eating more carbohydrates, especially being in track. Stick with rice, yams, oatmeal, potatoes, wheat pastas. Also a couple of servings of fruit a day instead of any sweets. Milk, putting on good weight while running track, milk wil be her friend, it helped me out in football. Just tell her to slowly start increasing the amount of food she will eat in a typical day, not necasaraly(spelling) the amount per meal, but maybe just add in a couple of meals and snacks. With lifting, stick between the 8-12 rep range. This all depends also on the type of workouts her coach has her doing.

Thanks! Practice doesn't start for another two weeks. Do you have any reccomendations for her lifting in the mean time? :-)

Has she been working out latelt? I don't want to give wrong advice. If she's been workingout and maintaining her level of fitness, than to lift moderatly heavy with reps being between 6-8 per set. I'd concentrate on basic lifts to. Actually if she already knows the style of lifting her coach will be having her do, than to get an early jump on it and start now.

Besides, starting a new lifting routine now, she really won't see much change in just 2 weeks. It usually take several weeks to see decscent improvements.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Peam....some of the info that you get is going to offer a lot of differing opinions...Big Texan, however is right on. I am sure if you private message with him. He can expend more on his suggestions that will really give your friend some got sound direction.

Alright then.... I'll just have her lift what I do since she's been being really lazy for a while now. One more thing.. do you have any idea how to get it to say that I'm a female member?

Thread Information