Scout200 is offline Junior Member

What keeps you motivated?

Keeping up the habit of working out every day is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

-Scout

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post
    Keeping up the habit of working out every day is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

-Scout
    i worked out for a long time then quit for 5-6 years due to working so much.. all i need to do is take a look at the pics of me when i was 20 compared to just a year and a half ago or so.. went from 225lbs 8% BF to 235 26% BF.. so i lost 33lbs of muscle and gained 43lbs of fat in six years.. I am fortunate enough to already have me before and after pics.. i just need to get back to the after..

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Motivation comes as a second nature when you lift or a certain amount of years IMO. There are only a few days I have a lack of it. When that happens I just skip that day. I feel if I'm going in half ass then there is no point in me going.

As far as motivators, music is number 1.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Watching Predator.

zabster151 is offline Member
    i do the same thing if i feel tired and lethargic ill just take a day off, i train for pesonal gains look good feel good. o yea and music is #1

nikifire is offline New Member
    1. ipod

2. pictures before / now

3. I'm only chewing gum at the gym, always the same flavor. So when I taste the gum mine brain turns on a work out mode.

4.facebook ( when I'm looking at someone's pictures on facebook, that motivates me a lot, because I see how I dont want to look like them. 99% of my friends and their friends are average Joe)

5. if there is a beautiful girl at the gym motivates me to keep it going

6. when I see the veins poppin out of my biceps

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    3. I'm only chewing gum at the gym, always the same flavor. So when I taste the gum mine brain turns on a work out mode.----I LIKE THAT!

Basically staying fit and healthy is a major motivator for me and also looking good.

Music also gets me fired up...while driving before the start of every workout I kick it off with blaring White Zombies--More Human Than Human to get me fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqBT...eature=related

If anyone is in to bodybuilding videos, this always got me going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CRl6W6aJ8

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog99 View Post
    3. I'm only chewing gum at the gym, always the same flavor. So when I taste the gum mine brain turns on a work out mode.----I LIKE THAT!

Basically staying fit and healthy is a major motivator for me and also looking good.

Music also gets me fired up...while driving before the start of every workout I kick it off with blaring White Zombies--More Human Than Human to get me fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFqBT...eature=related
    good music choice..

like the idea of chewing gum... like the Pavlov's Dog experiment.. good idea

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I want to beat my log book.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Pounding vag.

nikifire is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    If anyone is in to bodybuilding videos, this always got me going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CRl6W6aJ8

that really works for me. thanks great video

Sure thing.

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

not really nothing to do with gym but this is something i watch on my mp4 at the gym before i train

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Pounding vag.
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    i worked out for a long time then quit for 5-6 years due to working so much.. all i need to do is take a look at the pics of me when i was 20 compared to just a year and a half ago or so.. went from 225lbs 8% BF to 235 26% BF.. so i lost 33lbs of muscle and gained 43lbs of fat in six years.. I am fortunate enough to already have me before and after pics.. i just need to get back to the after..
    Wow, that's awesome!

-Scout

CDiesel313 is offline New Member
    I motivate myself in the pursuit of being the strongest drug free 242 class raw powerlifter ever. Once I obtain that record, I'll switch to equipped/non drug tested lifting and try my skills there. I have awhile yet, but I'm still young and it will happen. I don't miss a training session regardless of how I feel. I will adjust my session that day depending on how I feel though. If I am ever in a slump, I'll watch some videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DSd5kY_Oh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ofXTbayWM

Personally speaking, my motivation is constantly having to run after my 3 young children! LOL I don't know what I would do if I couldn't keep up with them!! Not only am I doing this for myself, but for my family as well. I plan on sticking around for a very long time!

-Scout

Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    I listen to a lot of Trance music (a sub-genre of techno) and my 3 favorite DJ's have weekly radio shows. They each perform 2 hour long sets every Thursday night and Friday morning I go and download them, so for the next week I have 6 hours of new music to listen to, and while I'm sure most people here would disagree, trance music is great for lifting weights and doing cardio. I also never listen to the DJ sets unless I'm at the gym, so I'm excited not only to lift weights, but to also lift weights and listen to my favorite music.

Also, this is a good video to watch for motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8lOzK0I7o

rickrick55 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    My motivation is simple. Be as big and strong as i can. If i am having a tired day, tough..push through it. I dont hit my weights? thats fine..but I am not going to sacrifice a workout because I dont feel like doing it. You only have 52 weeks in a year, thats 52 workouts for a body part. Consistency is key in this game boys..

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm motivated by hatred! LOL!! Seriously, I want to prove to myself that I can excel just as far in strength sports as I did in football. I excelled at a high level in football and now want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do another sport simply because I'm a true ATHLETE! Not just a football player or a muscle bound ogre.

Plus the thought of squatting 1000lbs and deadlifting 900lbs makes my dick hard! LOL!!!!

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    pvssy, the better i look the better they look

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Those videos are great, cool and get the blood pumping but my real motivation is my before and after pictures. I dont want to go back to the before again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    I listen to a lot of Trance music (a sub-genre of techno) and my 3 favorite DJ's have weekly radio shows. They each perform 2 hour long sets every Thursday night and Friday morning I go and download them, so for the next week I have 6 hours of new music to listen to, and while I'm sure most people here would disagree, trance music is great for lifting weights and doing cardio. I also never listen to the DJ sets unless I'm at the gym, so I'm excited not only to lift weights, but to also lift weights and listen to my favorite music.

Also, this is a good video to watch for motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8lOzK0I7o
    That's a great idea, listening to your fav. music only when you lift!! That was an awesome vid too!

-Scout

BIGGZY is offline New Member
    i find once you get into a routine of what your doing with your day its easy you dont even have to be motivated!

but one of the biggest suckers for me is not sleeping enough the night before then feeling tired and lethargic the day after, but yeh like others said when that happens i just take a day off

Jiggy902 is offline New Member
    I like it when people say im looking good.
    Music is another big one when im at the gym. I know for sure it sucks when the batteries die or I forget it at home. A trainer told me one time that its good to workout without music sometimes. "It makes you face your demons head-on" he said. Seems interesting.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Watching Predator.
    Best post ever

A lot of stuff keeps me motivated but in a nutshell I don't feel like settling in life.. settling for being small and weak, having an unattractive wife, not getting immediate respect from others, etc, all the stuff a dedicated lifting program can bring you.

Rhinos is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I'm motivated by hatred! LOL!! Seriously, I want to prove to myself that I can excel just as far in strength sports as I did in football. I excelled at a high level in football and now want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can do another sport simply because I'm a true ATHLETE! Not just a football player or a muscle bound ogre.

Plus the thought of squatting 1000lbs and deadlifting 900lbs makes my dick hard! LOL!!!!
    well the thought of squatting 1000lbs and deadlifting 900lbs makes my joints hurt lol.

My motivation is simple, i like looking the way i look, ive trained hard to get here, i wanna stay were i am right now, i dont wanna be a world class bodybuilder or be a top strongman i just wanna enjoy what i do for as long as i can.

Cousinbutch is offline Associate Member
    I have to have motivation NOT to go to the gym. Days off are way harder to get through than on days.
    Dieting, whole different story. I keep a picture of Frank Zane doing a vacuum with a caption "As I see it... SUCK IT UP!" that I clipped out of an old Flex magazine on my refrigerator.

Thread Information