romeo9774 is offline New Member

working through a cold

I've been sick for about 4 days now. I get sick about once a year. I'm finally starting to get better. I started off with a chest cold and then I took some robitussin and it pretty much went away. I still have a sore throat and a little bit of a cough. Do you think that I can work out, I haven't worked out since I got sick and I want to already, or should I wait until I'm back to full health?
    thanx in advance

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Go work out, then hit the hot showers and youll feel much better after...thats what i would do

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    If your gym has a steam sauna you might want to hit that up too

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    yeah just go workout, once those endorphans start kicking in you'll feel great for hours.

yeah that steam room would be perfect.

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    If you feel like you have the energy, than sure, do it. Sounds like you do since you said you want to. I find that with a light cold, workouts actually help me. More serious illness deserves more of a break.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Actually when you workout you weaken your immune system during that time (not speaking longterm). So if you're sick, stay home and rest. When sick the last thing your body needs is to be torn up in the gym. Take a few days off and when your recover hit it hard.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Actually when you workout you weaken your immune system during that time (not speaking longterm). So if you're sick, stay home and rest. When sick the last thing your body needs is to be torn up in the gym. Take a few days off and when your recover hit it hard.
    That is what I usually do, this is a great time to take a break from the gym and let your muscles and joints heal. Not like you would be able to really do anything great at the gym anyway during this time.

Pain

HorseFace is offline Junior Member
    I agree... your body needs a week off every now and then and your body needs the opportunity to recover when you're sick ... 2 birds 1 stone

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    when your sick you should just rest, heal up then go to gum with force, if your strength levels are down why do a half ass workout

Thread Information