MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Need Advice On Bicep/forearm Injury

6 months ago I pulled the muscle/tendon that connects the outer lower bicep and the ligament/tendon area in the elbow joint on top. The doctor ran an mri and called it chronic bicepital tendonitus. Well its been six months of resting and I'm trying to do therapy. Doing any type of curls hurts so I'm trying to rehab with reverse close grip pulldowns. I need advice on how to rehab this injury. Rest simply wouldnt heal it up. Some are telling me to try DECA ! I need sound advice form people who been there. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    don't do weight work (cable or free) until you've had some pain free time .....

try doing band work (you know the rubber tubing) or isometric work to have a "working" rehab, but lessens the actual stress on the muscle and joint ....

I'd wait and get things back to normal before I supplemented anything ... and remember, if you're working out at all in your upper body, you're aggrevating the injury

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    True, no weights or machines. And doing AS will only mask the pain and you'll hurt yourself even more. Rest is working but just driving you nuts. The rubber band method can work like stated before. Just take time off the gym and go enjoy your new found free time. When the pain goes away then slowly start getting back in the gym.

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    I had/have a similar problem but to a much lesser degree because I can still curl (just not hammer curls)....I have been supplementing with a shit load of Glucosamine and Chondroitin for the past 5 weeks or so and it seems to be helping....

D

MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

THIS SUX!!!!!

My injury wont get better! I'm doing reverse pulldowns in an attenpt to get blood flow to the area. Its the only indirect bicep exercise I can do without putting me on the floor in pain. Rest has work very little for this injury. I'm scared I may need surgery even though the doc said it was only chronic tendonitis and I wasnt a surgery candidate.

Thanks for the replys!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If it is only tendonitus, than some anti inflammatories, ice it down after workouts and rest, other than that learn to deal with the pain. That's what I do with my knees.

Thread Information