calpersuasion21 is offline New Member

Question quads they need help?

What up every one? Right now im 21 5'11" 220. I have a metabolism that wont stop ive been traing for 4 years now and bulking for close to the last year. My lasf bf was like 10%. I like my been lean year round no matter what i eat but my quads are really falling behind. Up top im perfect in my own eyes my chest, arms back are full and pretty solid but moving on down my legs are horrible. If my legs would catch up i swear id be close to 235. Any advice. I was once suggested to add cardio such as bike back to my routine(sadly i havent done cardio in who knows how long). my typically leg routine includes squats, leg press, extensions, ham curls, stiff leg deadlifts. BUt i allways mix it up and never do the same leg workout the next week. Also since my legs lag so bad ive lost alot of the intensity i usally carry into my leg day. all advice is most appreciated.

yellows2k is offline Member
    How much do u squat? How is your diet?

Heavy squats have allways been part of my routine. I can squat like 405 for 8 reps. I admit i dont squat as often as i used to becuase my back is starting to ache. As for my diet its solid. I pull down close to 300 grams of protein and plenty of carbs i dont hold back on carbs.

Uhhh are you surew your quads are falling behind when you can squat 405 for 8 reps? I would imagine you can deadlift 500+ and bench 400+....

I would cut cardio out all together since it hinders testosterone production...damn 5'11 220 10%BF, your body sounds excellent, if you can squat twice your body weight I wouldn't consider it lagging...

MY legs are very strong dont get me wrong. But they lagg in size. Ive tried so much(who know how many different weider principles). I want them to look like ive got hams stuffed in them you know! So you dont think bike or stairs are good? I thought taht might help since its not usally part of my routine.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    i'd recommend hitting quads with higher reps, ~15 or so, they are largely slow twitch fibers from what i understand, i feel i've had more success with higher reps, might as well give it a shot.

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    if you've got a smith machine in the gym where you work out try doing one-legged squats ....

if you don't have that, get a flat bench and some dumbells (maybe straps so your forearms don't give out before your thighs) and do one-legged squats there ......

also try some hack squats as well ....

I would also try active recovery...Do squats one day then 1-3 days lighter, use about 50-60% of your 1RM and do a workout....I'm sure if you do searches you can find some info on active recovery.

Thread Information