Thread: chest

rexkishi is offline New Member

chest

i have hit a plateau with my chest. i am trying to bulk, i do have a good diet and all .i usually do flat bench movements, incline bench movements, and some sort of fly movements now staying between 12 and 6 reps in all except flys are about 10-14 reps. i was wondering if anybody had any chest workouts that really put size on for them?

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Personally, I've seen my biggest gains come when I stopped doing barbell bench presses (incline, flat, & decline). I've replaced them with dumbbell presses and have seen unbelievable results. Also, I'd try to keep the rep range a little bit lower...usually I try to use weight that won't allow me to do any more than about 6 or so. Excluding a warmup, 12 reps may be a bit high. Low reps, high weight, and get a spotter if possible...helps to crank out those last two reps. Best of luck bro...
    -zzo

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by zzo18
    Personally, I've seen my biggest gains come when I stopped doing barbell bench presses (incline, flat, & decline). I've replaced them with dumbbell presses and have seen unbelievable results. Also, I'd try to keep the rep range a little bit lower...usually I try to use weight that won't allow me to do any more than about 6 or so. Excluding a warmup, 12 reps may be a bit high. Low reps, high weight, and get a spotter if possible...helps to crank out those last two reps. Best of luck bro...
    -zzo
    great advice zzo! Dumbells are undoubtfully the backbone for a good chest workout. As said, stay in the 6 and 12 rep range concentrating on flawless form. One other thing that has helped tremendously was realizing the difference in the weight I threw around on flat far exceded incline. This allowed me to priorize incline and focus on bringing it up to my flat bench. Basically your first chest exercise should be the one you have the most trouble with....in my case it was incline. I now murder my chest on the first set with incline bar presses....Usualsuspect

wimp is offline Associate Member
    yea defintly use dumbell. you feel them ahole lot more

strollin is offline Associate Member
    Dumbells are the way to go for great size and mass. Don't forget the cables, I love the burn when I kill my pecs with incline cable crossovers go real slow on the way down. I can feel it just talking about it. Med-high wieght 10-12 range at the end of your workout. To really kill it superset with flat dumbell flyes 8-10.

rexkishi is offline New Member
    yeah thanks guys for all the responses i will definatley give it a try. just to respond to usual suspect my incline is a much better lift for me than my regular falt bench. i think it is all the years of playing the line in football and throwing shot put. but thank you all.

Thread Information