Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Working out twice a week split

I wanna try this new routine to empasize shoulder growth.
    I seem to have the abilitiy to pack on muscle while losing fat and wanna try this, along with cardio. However, I am not a beginner as ive been training for more than 1 year, and I have no growth if I do the same routine twice (same exercises, two workouts in a row)> So I wanna try this one to shock growth,
    (SIDE NOTE: Ive gained muscle on a sub AMR diet all throughout, and those were beginner gains, then went on a big binge and got fat.)
    http://body_insp.tripod.com For pics
    Dont flame, Im gonna try it, and Im open to suggestions as to what is the best way to go about this. This is taken from flex magazine, Feb 03

Monday: Shoulders back biceps
    Tuesday Legs
    Wednesday Chest triceps
    Thursday Shoulders back biceps
    Friday Legs
    Saturday Chest triceps
    Sunday Rest

Not that leg day is light because I run, and everyday its cardio AM and workouts all these days PM.
    I should probably take out one of those leg days to allow more rest, but im open to suggestions.
    I want to emphasize shoulder growth above all.

BTW my diet is high protein medium carbs. 150g carbs, Around 1.5g protein per pound. Lots of efas. Diet is in check, give me the suggestions of routine please!

BTW, main goal is fat loss, but i have this ability and while it lasts, i dont want to waste it!

bump

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dan I think your riding solo on this buddy! You have worn out the horses back.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

HUh? I took swoles and yellows advice to the letter! Lookat my diet! For christs sake! Help me out here!

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    cut your program in half, no need to work your entire body twice a week

sd11 is offline Banned
    That routine will put you on the fast track to overtraining. What I don't understand about your post is how you can say you don't grow if you do the same workout twice in a row.......if you developed a solid routine stuck with it and progressed in poundages and intensity you will grow, it just takes time!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, I have been working out for 7 years ( hard for about 3) and my body still grows if I do the same workout twice, I usually don't, but I can still gain when I do it. You might not be training hard enough if this is the case. BTW you are still a begginer, I say 2 -3 years puts you in the intermediate range.

Pain

Not even with a proper diet?
    Arnold recommends up to 3x / week, and while i dont have his genetics, theyre not bad.
    Is this tryable? Can I give it a shot?

yellows2k is offline Member
    Arnold used gear, OK the reasons why this wouldn't work for you:
    1. You ARE NOT on gear
    2. You don't eat enough
    3. You are doing cardio so it will hinder with recovery, most people won't have recovered in that short of time

I lift 6 days on but I do an active recovery routine, let me show you:

Day1 Pull(heavy)
    Day2 Push(light)
    Day3 Legs(heavy)
    Day4 Pull(light with no deads)
    Day5 Pull(heavy)
    Day6 Legs(light)
    Day7 Rest

When I go heavy, I use 90-95% of my 1RM max, 4-6 reps.
    On lighter days I go 75-80% of my 1RM and still do 4-6 reps
    I do HIIT cardio following my workout from anywhere from 5-20 minutes, whatever I feel like

That's what I do, if you wanna take the advice or not, it doesn't matter to me. Obviously you say you have this ability of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time so why do you need advice?

If you wanna give it a try why don't you instead of seeking approval? The whole idea is to find something that works for oyu, so if you think it's gonna work give it a try. Don't say it doesn't work after 2 or 3 measly weeks, give it 2-3 months.

yellows2k is offline Member
    DOn't argue with me, don't give me any exceptions, either take my advice or don't. Please.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I find myself in complete agreement with yellows.

I think comparing yourself to Arnold is a long shot at best. How come when someone picks a pro's routine to use, they always refer to arnold. Out of all the pro's, his routine has to be the one that would work least for everybody else.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    All I can say is OVERTRAINING!! Exercise physology has come a long way since arnolds day. I am sure he even does things differently then he did back then. You are training way to much with this program and you are just going to put you body in a state of catabolism and go backwards.

Like someone else said cut it in half...more necessarily isn't better!!!!!!!

Wednesday Chest triceps
    Saturday Chest triceps
    Sunday Rest

Hows this? COmplete body workout, twice a week.
    What do you think?
    I took out legs because I run.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    DOn't argue with me, don't give me any exceptions, either take my advice or don't. Please.
    please....
    You killed me on this one

sd11 is offline Banned
    Took out legs ......seriously man that routine is awful!

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Dan,

You were given some solid advice here by yellows2k and you just ingnored it and posted what you want to do. So why bother asking for advice.
    How can you gain back respect? Well that's not the way pal.

Maybe you should give a whole hearted effort using some of the advice you've been given (and these things take time to see results). Check some of our profiles some of us have been at this game longer then you've been alive and, we may have aquired just alittle bit of knowledge during that time. So maybe you might want to listen to what you've been told.

xxxl83

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Big_Dan
    Wednesday Chest triceps
    Saturday Chest triceps
    Sunday Rest

Hows this? COmplete body workout, twice a week.
    What do you think?
    I took out legs because I run.
    Thats the shit I am talking about , you just received solid advice fromm 2 well respected bros, actually more than that. and you turn around and do something else. What do you want?? for us to say ok dan sounds good?? Why take out legs?? cause you run, SO what. I do cardio every morning 7 days a week and I still no matter what do my legs. What is your hook on training your bd parts 2 times per week and say no to legs?? You know what Dan, go ahead do as you will, fuck everybodys advice and you test the waters for yourself. If your theroy works out then keep doing it, if not DO A SEARCH and find another program. you're going to have to find out for yourself
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Stick to basis, sometime you just try to find reason for thing or solution for other thing that are just not ready for you to grasp. Your body will grow over time but you need to be patient, find something you like and do it at maximum intensity. Follow your diet and listen to your body. And mostly question yourself, are you really doing your maximum or just lying to yourself? It good to question other on their working habits but mainly question yourself... Challenge yourself stick to something for a while work on your patience.. Training is important eating well is too but maybe you are just paying to much attention on details that you are not ready to use yet.. If you are able to train a muscle twice a week, that mean your muscle arent being hitted hard enought the first time.. maybe poor form.. lacking of intensity or many other thing.. Dont try to burn steps.. At your point, creatine and just about any exercise, will make you gain muscle... Use this board for resource but mainly dont abuse the people good wills, this site will help for many thing especially motivation.. People are freely giving you their time with good advice grant them the pleasure of trying some of them and stick to them for a while... Good luck to you bro...
    The key is consistency that all you need to know for now...

Thread Information