xplicit is offline Member

Anyone not on juice or take any supplements?

I just want to see if there are any people on here that arent taking anything wheter it be steroids , hydrocuts, muscle gainers or whatever.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    What do you mean.....nobody on here takes "juice". Well I do, usually orange juice.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure that most of the people on here take some sort of supplements.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    In my opinion dietary supplementation is important whether bodybuilding or not. It is hard to obtain a good micronutrient balance in the body from just a day-to-day diet.

As far as supplementing for performance: I don't think beginners need to. But as far as the advanced intermediates and beyond go (I think I fall somewhere in there) it's important to supplement for any kind of edge it can give you.

I meant performance enhancers not dietary. Vitamins, Protein shakes and etc im sure are taken by everyone on here. I just wanted to see if anyone works out with the gear and performance supplements.

yellows2k is offline Member
    I take multivitamins, protein, and creatine....thats it...oh and Hydroxycut when I cut....

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Besides gear, what type of performance enhancing supps are we talking about?

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    I don't take anything & I'm 5'8"1/2, 225 & bench 370 or so

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I meant performance enhancers not dietary...
    I am sure a lot of bro's on here are pro-natural. Looks like SwoleDiesel is one.

postel is offline Junior Member
    No more jucie for me, it really disagreed with me when I was coming off cycle even with all the medical advice availible. I feel much better for it now and am just as strong as on cycle. Natural is the better way to go I feel you get a better quality of muscle with just protein than juice.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    protein and cell-tech works great for me

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I am on a strict diet of NOTHING! I haven't taken creatine/protein anything since Nov 22 or so. My F'N shoulder is tore up! So now I am working on my AB. (yes, AB singular) STart cardio next week and maybe in March or April start my 1st cycle.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    are u suggesting that these protein powders and stuff is just hype an it really doesnt help with my gains?

yellows2k is offline Member
    I think the only necessities are multivitamins. You can make gains without protein shakes, but not optimal ones. What other type of protein is better than whey post workout? Nothing, so you take in whey. Same goes with dextrose, etc. They are called supplements because they supplement your training, diet, and rest....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Shit. Myoplex during a discount sale cost a little over a buck per packet. That's 42 grams of protein (Whey/Casein - high BV to boot) for cheap. Fits my bill and gives me easy quick options for a quality protein source with few dirty dishes...

This thread makes my head hurt. AAS is not a replacement for sound nutrition - but a supplement to the entire picture.

Your supplement base for whatever your goals are should start with a MultiVitamin that meets the performance daily intakes in a timed release tablet.

Getting very muscular and lean is not a natural process for the human body. Add extreme stress put on your system by intense training REQUIRES a bit of respect for proper nutrition - which will lead to dietary supplements.

For example - I REQUIRE about 1-2 grams of Vitamin C per day to help my system heal, repair, and fight free radicals from training. Rather than eat 30-60 oranges per day - I take a litte frickin' pill. Vitamin C w/Rose Hips... timed release.

The word "supplements" being used as some kind of dirty word or sales gimmick by beginners is as incorrect as improper form in resistence training. And when you begin to learn the proper role of supplements (or ASS) - you can take your body to that extra level.

Like I said, the human body was not made to be big and lean or in outstanding physical condition - it takes a lot of hard work - so to be abnormal, we eat and supplement abnormal... let the "normal" people eat their Mini Wheats and be left in our dust... we have goals to make.

BTW - right now, beyond lots of whole foods, I am using a MultiVitamin (GNC Ultra Mega), Vitamin C w/ Rose Hips, Flax Seed and CLA Oils, HydroxyCuts, Glucosmine, Myoplex, Sodium Bicarbonate... oh yeah, and Trenbolone and Winstrol for a few weeks.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    I'm on nothing , never have been.
    Supps are a waste of money.
    A protein bar, now and then would be nice

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Well apart from the Creatine, Glutamine, I'm clean. Tried a variety of Proteins, but every one makes me want to puke (any recommendations ?), so I've resorted to a life of tuna!

Tie

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    Saying supplements is a waste of money may be the silliest thing I've heard on this site, ever. I would explain what I'm talking about but Warrior summed it up good enough.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    Its the silliest thing ?

WHO THE HELL NEEDS THEM ?
    You need them if you're a 120 lb stick, if you're 170 lbs and wanna gain, its a waste of money.
    Do it with Nutrition !

Originally posted by Assassinator
    Do it with Nutrition !
    Good nutrition is from the use of supplements for athletes and for those looking for a preventative aproach to a healthy lifestyle. The FDA is starting to recognize thousands of private studies that have proved the role of certain doses of certain vitamins, minerals, metabolites, ect... for the role in a better lifestyle, increased performance and disease prevention. They finally agreed to raise the Vitamin C RDA for the first time since the 50's.

Like I said before - this can be a hopeless subject for those that actually think the FDA will help them be elite in any sport. The same FDA reccomends you eat something like a 70-20-10 diet... and are stuck on the nutritional practices of the 50's for the average man - something like a 175lbs sedentary person.

But simply reading a few books on the subject by knowledgeable coaches and MD's will help for a better understanding of the role of supplements for the athlete...

I just take whey protein and take my vitamins in the morning. My main goal above and beyond getting ripped, bigger, or even stronger is too look and feel healthy and when im in my 40's i want to look like im in my 30's. Now i dont do much reading or studying on all these supplements but im willing to bet in about 5 years your going to find out that all this stuff aint healthy for you and will cause all types of problems in your body. Why do i think this, because anything that gives you faster results, instant gradification, or is a quick fix normally isnt healthy or good for you in the long run AND too much of anything is no good for you. Also anything artifical or chemically made or some companies like to enhance products by adding some bullshit to them is not good for you either. Now you can give me all these cute little fun facts about these suppplements, give me fda quotes, show me results, and give me statistics all day but nothing will break those rules stated above. But again my goals are different most people want to be huge and they want to be huge now and are willing to sacrifice years or health for it. Im not preaching agaisnt taking supplements and im not trying to make it seem like there terrible to take. Im just saying it seems like everyhting we take or do that seems like a little bit of a short cut is no good for you somewhere down the line.

Okay smart guy... obviously you are without any real knowledge on this and refuse to learn, so... fine. And I ain't going to debate with you on who is in better health - but I have been sick with a cold or flu maybe twice in the last 3-4 years... while also training hard for the last 8. So I will spare you the research and places to find some real knowledge and let you age and die like nature wants you to. Me - I am going to live a top notch life and feel great.

And move to North Korea or something... because in the States, even tap water is supplemented with flouride to reduce the incidences of tooth decay - OUT HERE.
    Last edited by Warrior; 02-16-2003 at 10:23 PM.

Im sure your in great health im glad yo hear you are i dont want my opioion on this to be proved right anyway. Its just I feel and have learned from experiece that anything that seems to be a shortcut or gives faster results cant be all that good for you. As for reading and studying about this stuff. It took years to find out smoking is harmful and causes cancer. They just found out that french fries can cause cancer. Everyday they find out about more things that are harmful and bad for you. Who would have known french fries could cause cancer i been eating them since i was 5 im 22 thats 17 years. In that time they never knew it was bad for you? You dont think the FDA did a few tests on fries during the years how didnt they find out about this earlier? Theres other examples of this everyday. Theres examples of medicines taken for periods of time that seem ok to take then they find out there not good. An example of that is alonzo mourning on the miami heat he was living on anti inflamorty pills which were prescribed by team doctors and physicans so it has to be ok to take right, well it caused kidney failure. Im just saying it always seems like these things that speed up the process of recovery or make you stronger turn out to be harmful. Again I aint looking to argue, and I know you have more knowledge about this subject them me and i respect anyway who spends time on here trying to help other people out. So if i offended you or came off the wrong way my bad bro i apologized.

It's all good brah... gots some negative vibes on your last post though...

I have been reading and supplementing with vitamins and herbs (some metabolites) since was 17,k when I began an athletic lifestyle. I am 25 now, look young, have great skin, strong nails, healthy teeth - everything is in good health.

You have a very valid point though (and I like decent arguments - without personal attacks). New studies come up all the time contradicting others. And you have to really know how to filter garbage from good science. Studies cited by the Journal of Clinical Nutrition (www.ajcn.org - I could spend all day reading those abstracts) and other such pubs are your best bet. And science in the 21st century is way beyond that of the 20th. But some stuff does take time for results - like what kind of effects will Creatine Monohydrate supplementation have with 20 years of constant use... no one knows because Creatine use has not been around that long...

But the truth is that a lot of stuff has been, like herbs (around fo many. many, many years)... and essential fatty acids... while your french fries (french fries not being a supplement for this argument - BTW) have carcinogenic tendecies - taking EFA's have been shown to prevent cancer and the risk of stroke, high BP, ... Researchers once found that Eskimo popualtions never got cancer - but when they were taken out of their environment and exposed to McDonalds and Western culture - they started dieing from cancer. They attributed their good health to their intake of EFA's from cold water fish - with many studies on the benefits of EFA's. So by supplementing with EFA's through Fish Oils, Borage Oil, EPO, Flax Seed - you lower your risk for many terminal diseases... as well as many other positive effects like increased joint support and healthier skin.

But to divert a little. Anabolic steroid use can be very dangerous - and especially for those already in poor health. So AAS should never replace sound nutrition through proper supplementation - IMO - AAS is after you have already mastered the other. And have a respect for the effects on endogenous levels by keeping use to a reasonable level. Many MD's readily recommend AAS, and Hormone Replacement Therapy is around. But AAS got tabooed in the medical world in the '80's from juice monkeys going to far without any medical supervision (or boards like AR) - and mega dosing stuff like Anadrol50 - which can certainly cause liver cancer... just like drinking too much alcohol ED. The word "steroids " is like a naughty word today - but the truth is that anabolic steroids can be, and are used safely.

So whether it be OTC sups or gear - you can live a more quality life when used correctly. But too much of anything is dangerous.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    supps..can't imagine life without them

I use protein powder, mulitivitamin, vitamin c, calcium, T2-Pro, MD6 and Flax Oil

without my vits and flax and powder, i wouldn't get what i needed in my diet...the rest just helps

Thread Information