Athlete127 is offline Member

Soon to be Division 1 receiver needs workout help!

Yes, I am looking for all the help I can get. I need a schedule Monday-Friday workout plan to get me ready to play Divison 1 football in January (spring) I posted on the diet forum for a 7 day a week planned meal plan. I am going to start work outs Monday. Please include weights, and running. As I am a receiver and I am wanting to put on alot of muscle and alot of speed (Like a divison 1 receiver would look) Thank you. You can also add what supplements I should get on also.

irwin99 is offline New Member
    youl need to post your stats

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Division 1 high-school? College athletes have trainers and strict strength training regimens that all athletes must follow including receivers I show know. Now with that said, you don't even know if you are a starter yet which means the routine would change slightly depending on if 1. you are a starter and need to work out some kinks or 2. you are 2nd or 3rd string and need to improve some things to become a starter. Without any of this knowledge we cannot give you the proper advice you need. Therefore, once again that is why COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES HAVE THEIR OWN STRENGTH COACHES AND REGIMENS ATHLETES MUST FOLLOW.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    You posted WHAT on the diet forum?

You posted 'please help me. I'm playing D1 football and I want someone to write me a diet. Oh and I'll pay"

Cmon bro - as I told you there. Do some friggn homework

Bigbuck is right. They have trainers that draft off-season routines in big high schools let alone D1 college.

Wow, really? Anyways. Like I said, I am going in the spring and I want a head start. Jeez dude. I know what I'm talking about. Didn't know it would be that much trouble to get a freaken work out.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Your goals are too vague and without proper knowledge of your current conditioning, experience, past injuries, and future expectations it is difficult to give you a straight answer. If I were to suggest a routine based solely on the information given to me I would suggest that you google a beginner strength training routine and follow that for 4-6 weeks. We also ask for your current stats so we can determine your current training level, genetic potential, etc.

The reason I mentioned what I did is that college/high school strength coaches may or may not want you a training certain way. For example, most would not want you bodybuilding but would rather you focus on explosive power and plyometrics. Also, if your only weight training experience is in a high school weight room chances are extremely great that your form on many of your exercise is flawed. This will result in injury if you were to follow a mass gaining routine I would suggest. Finally, that is why LBSOMEIRON told you to do your homework. We just want you to be physically and mentally prepared so you can train properly and get the best results possible.

BB is on point. A bidybuilders routine and a football:athletes routine are not apples to apples.

A huge part of your routine (as BB stated) is power and core, not asthetics.

Just because I'm nosey, what college?

I am assuming you are trying to walk on? Else there would most certainly be a plan in tact.

Do some leg work. I'm always happy to help anyone, so long as an attempt is made.

Stats, goals, diet, years training, natural vs chemical enhancement. All are mandatory.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    As a former D1, pro, and semi pro player, your question is way to vague. Are you walking on or are you a scholarship athlete? The reason I ask is if you are a scholarship athlete the S&C coach should provide you with the necessary regiment for your position.

Secondly, what type of receiver are you playing? Are you a slot, do you also return punts, there are a litany of questions that need to be answered before a specific regiment can be implemented.

Curiosity. How is one pro and then semi pro?

Where did you play?

Stats?

Just curious. OP isn't coming back.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    hey Athetete 127......
    hint: keep the ball up in the air and post your stats and more info like your workout and goals and any specifics requested above..... so you can get help....this is routine. And will pay off....

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LBSOMEIRON View Post
    Curiosity. How is one pro and then semi pro?

Where did you play?

Stats?

Just curious. OP isn't coming back.
    I played 4yrs in the NFL then afterwards I played for a local semi pro team for 5yrs.

Stats now or when I played?

I am a "recruited walk-on" and I plan on returning punts and kicks too if I can. I am 6'2 so I will probably play inside?

Thread Information