Thread: bad workout

tolinka is offline Senior Member

Question bad workout

well i just got back from the gym. i think i had a bad workouttoday i have no idea why. i dont think i'm overtraining, i still eat the same and i slept like a baby last night except that time that i had to run to the bathroom. today was my chest/triceps day. i started of as usuall with flat bench, did a warm up and 4 sets felt great. then moved down to flyes...had a great workout with that too., but when i started doing declines with the same weight i usually do, but i had a huge problem with it. the first set went kinda ok did 8 reps and was exhausted. then came the second one and i couldnt finish it, so ws the third and the fourth was like 2 reps. last week it wsa fine i repped out each one of them 8 times. oh and the riceps sucked as well. i did some cables, then wanted to do skullcrshers, i only did one set and the other ones i couldnt do with the same weight i usually do.

I got really pissed at myself, i have no idea wha tit could be...overtraining perhaps???

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    just a bad day, don't think of it as anymore or you'll put yourself into a psychological slump

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If it happens again and you are getting good sleep and nutrition - take an extra day off and then pick right back up where you were... (personally when I force myself to take extra time off I am like a pent up animal wanting to feed on some major iron - which is a much better and more productive feeling than... "here we go again.")

Decoder is offline Banned
    That just happen's sometimes, you can't have a good work out everytime unless your on the juice.

orto is offline Junior Member
    Happend to me to. Second option is that something will catch you (don't wish you) but maybe flu...

thank for the positive input bros...

Well i dont think it i'm getting sick(knock three times on the table) because i just came out of a little flu on monday. i had a good leg workout on monday even added some weight on my squats did it with no problem...

Warrior do you mean i need to skip the chest day if it happens again?

aight peace

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    lazy day bro. happens to the best of us. just keep on chuggin and youll reach your goals!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by tolinka
    Warrior do you mean i need to skip the chest day if it happens again?
    In one word: No! For this very reason I do not know why people make a training split by days of the week (I am assuming this is why you ask this). I think it is from magazine pubs that try and make shit seem so simple to make sales - but in theory doing this is not quite that simple and will only complicate things when you need added recovery. Like Chest on Mondays, Biceps on Fridays type split. There are many flaws to doing that. And you just discovered one of them - sometimes you need an added day of recovery... to make up for external commitments or keep off overtraining and to stay on a maximum growth curve.

You need to make you split into training days: Day 1, day 2, day 3, ... so that if you need an extra day you do not skip something but pic right back up at the next training day.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    Everyone has bad days ...
    My bad days usually occur if i dont get enough sleep.

Hopefully it was nothing buit a bad day...it was just surprising.
    At one point when i was doint my declines and my hands wouldnt puch the dumbells any more on the third set i yell out" FUCK!" i scared some guy in his mid 40's...he looked at me like i'm freak lol

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    LMAO, i just did that last night...all that self talk gets a little loud when i have a bad workout. My gym's so quiet any noise is really loud! I hate days like that...i normally just hit the cardio really hard for 2-3 days then get back at it...i'm usually ready by then

solidj55 is offline Member
    Originally posted by Warrior

In one word: No! For this very reason I do not know why people make a training split by days of the week (I am assuming this is why you ask this). I think it is from magazine pubs that try and make shit seem so simple to make sales - but in theory doing this is not quite that simple and will only complicate things when you need added recovery. Like Chest on Mondays, Biceps on Fridays type split. There are many flaws to doing that. And you just discovered one of them - sometimes you need an added day of recovery... to make up for external commitments or keep off overtraining and to stay on a maximum growth curve.

You need to make you split into training days: Day 1, day 2, day 3, ... so that if you need an extra day you do not skip something but pic right back up at the next training day.
    I am glad you said this, so many people do this and it is so wrong IMO.
    I rotate my days accordingly like you said and I feel that is best, you have more room to work with that way. Also, that is why I feel 5-6 day routines are not a good idea. Two day per week workouts work PERIOD.
    Three day per week routines are optimal IMO. Four day per week workouts are also good but I am not as big of a fan of these as I am 3 day per week workouts.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Originally posted by mnkc
    LMAO, i just did that last night...all that self talk gets a little loud when i have a bad workout. My gym's so quiet any noise is really loud! I hate days like that...i normally just hit the cardio really hard for 2-3 days then get back at it...i'm usually ready by then
    LOL I cant imagine hearing a female at my gym yelling fuck or anything else for that matter during a workout. Most of them are too worried about who is checking out their ass or their new fake breasts. I am glad your motivated by workout rather than just going to the gym to look pretty for the men there.

Thread Information