tryingtogain is offline Member

muscle sorness please read

i worked out last night and then 30 minutes later i went to bed it was a farily good workout. i woke up in the morning at 6 for school and my muscles were not sore. i worked out at about 10:30 that nigtht my abs and my arms with dumbells i curled. so when i woke up i was not sure and then toward the middle of the day at school then i am all sore. anyone know why i was not sore in the morning but at the end of the day at school (i did not work out either at school) that i am all sore? i would of thought i would be sore in the morning but i wanst i got sore doring the middle of the day and at the end of school i really felf it. also what causes muscle to be sore after u work them out can anyone answer these 2 questions thanks

yellows2k is offline Member
    DOMS, take some BCAAs pre and post workout.

whats DOMS mean anyone else feel free to answer the 2 questions in the post

yellows2k is offline Member
    I believe Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness(correct me if I am wrong)

Acid buildup causes them to be sore..

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by yellows2k
    I believe Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness(correct me if I am wrong)

Acid buildup causes them to be sore..
    You are on the money, but I think the acid buildup (lactic acid) is more the burning and soreness you feel during your workout and right after, DOMS is more of the tears in your muscle, caused by lifting, repairing themselves.

Pain

why wernt they sore in the morning and then they got sore in the middle of the day and at the end i really felt it

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by tryingtogain
    why wernt they sore in the morning and then they got sore in the middle of the day and at the end i really felt it
    Because it takes awhile for your body to start to repair itself.

Pain

so the pain/acid only is there when your body starts to repair?

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, it's caused by micro tears in the muscle tissue. Delayed is usually defined as 24hrs. Of course it's not dead on accurate for everyone.

The lactic acid is produced while working out and will dissipate within 30-45 mins of your workout, depending on your workout.

I don't know if this is the right answer to your quesiton but have you ever felt sore from just being tired? If i stay awake for 24hrs straight, not doing anything physical just pulling an all nighter, some of my muscles get sore especially my traps. Maybe you're just more tired at the end of the day of school so you started to feel the effects?

i felt sore before 24 hours but then i got the very sorrest at 24 hours i would say no it was from the workout cause i didnt work out for 3 weeks cause i was buy so last night i put an intense workout and thats why man my amrs and byceps are so sore even when i stretch my arm out.

Thread Information